FS: Old Bontrager Switchblades MTB fork

Old October 20th 04, 01:30 AM
Bikefixr

Default FS: Old Bontrager Switchblades MTB fork

Goin waaay back. Piece of history. This is the fork that started the whole
suspension fork w/replacable crown. This fork uses thinwall, tapered
chrome-moly legs with bonded-in alloy dropout. The legs slipped into the
patented alloy crown and secured with bolts. A slip-in steerer was used. The
1st Rock-Shox RS-1 used this same technology and licensed the design. This
fork is in great shape. It was made for the bike trade show. The legs are
chromed. The crown is anodized black. The steerer tube is Titanium with
carbon reinforcement in the bottom. All bolts are polished stainless. The
canti studs are moveable with a screw. Some mild heat to soften the threadlock
is needed. I have the fork set up for 700c wheels and a 30mm tire. Slide the
canti studs down to the next stop for 26" wheel. Killer fork. Few of these
were sold, fewer still around . Killer retro fork for a retro bike. I was
using it on my hybrid, but went to a carbon fork.. $75 + mail.