2nd Ped

Old February 6th 05, 01:11 AM
hemyd

Default 2nd Ped

Survived a month and a half of commuting to and from work in St. Kilda Rd.
11.2 km away. No probs except a few close ones. Just before I'm cycling
along the shared Beach Road bicycle track from Ricketts Point. Older ped
(about 65yo) about 50m in front of me, on the left of the left side of the
bike track. Methinks - does he know where he is? Seems to. Is he walking in
a straight line? Yep. Likely to move over? Nah... so I set out to pass him
as far right as I can get. Just when I'm about to pass him - he moves 90
degrees to the right - right into my path! I am only a foot in front and
slam on my brake. Without thinking, my front brake. Bad idea. Bike jumps up,
I get thown off onto my knees and head. Helmet and gloves a good idea -
again, but knee buggered. I let fly with a string of invective. Then
apologise for swearing by telling him I have been injured. Finished my ride
feeling slightly sorry for myself. Haven't looked at my knee yet but I hope
I'm right for work tomorrow.....

Henry.

Old February 6th 05, 01:43 AM
hemyd

"hemyd" wrote in message
[...]

Oh, and I forgot - Fnal Score = Pedestrian - OK; Bike = OK; Clothes = OK; my
knee = bit buggered; all other parts of me = OK. All in all, not a bad
score.