GPLama vs Road

Old February 4th 05, 10:24 AM
GPLama

Default GPLama vs Road

DaveB wrote:
or you could buy twenty Huffy's and just throw them out as they wear
out.
DaveB

I've done that with the Apollo in a way... replaced almost everything on it,
except the fork. Had a qick look at removing it tonight, and cant seem to
figure it out yet.. :|

cheers,
GPL

Old February 4th 05, 01:30 PM
TimC

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 at 08:38 GMT, SteveA (aka Bruce)

DaveB Wrote:
Parbs wrote:
"GPLama" wrote in message

. ..

What model MBTs are the best value/quality for around the 2k mark?
Being a 'roadie', I've always wanted a faster MTB

2K will get you something quite nice and "ready to race" from all the
usual suspects, Giant, Specialized, Kona etc. You could even
build up a nice SS from On One or Surly.

or you could buy twenty Huffy's and just throw them out as they wear
out.

or just buy 20 Huffys and throw them out straightaway

Will they give you extra propulsion if you throw them hard out the back?

Quantum Mechanics is a lovely introduction to Hilbert Spaces! --unk
Old February 5th 05, 11:49 AM
GPLama

Parbs wrote:
2K will get you something quite nice and "ready to race" from all the
usual suspects, Giant, Specialized, Kona etc. You could even build
up a nice SS from On One or Surly.

Parbs

Ended up copping out and going a Manitou Six Sport fork.. Still an entry
level fork, but feels 100% compared to what was on there..

So the entire Apollo LSX 1.4 2002 replacements since new..

Bottom bracket,
Rear cones and bearings,
Disc brake setup front and back - no replacement pads for the stock
'ProMax',
Seat
Crank arms and chain rings
Chain
Rear cassette
Front and rear derailleur
(rubber and grips, which dont count)..
Fork

Now I think its time to respray the frame to remove any advertising for
Apollo :|

Remind me never to visit VicMTB again unless I'm hardcore MTB.. I mentioned
to the guy there that "this store is well out of my league for what I am
after, blahblah forks for 200-300$?"... then as if in a scene from Rain
Man.. I hear the word 'K-Mart' a few times... then I was pointed at some
$550+ babies.. ouch!

cheers,
GPL