Chain cleaners! Yes..! and Lubing up ???

Old March 29th 05, 12:48 AM
MikeyOz

Default Chain cleaners! Yes..! and Lubing up ???

road bike was overdue for a clean so I took the time this weekend and
also decided to give my chain cleaning tool another go, its a bi
awkward with the c**py minoura bike stand I have, but an extra pair o
hands I managed to get the chain tool going and I must say, ohhh i
works a treat, does not completely remove everything, but basicall
dislodged all the built up stuff and got a good covering of degrease
so I got everything else off nicely with the cleaning tool, was
dream, anyone tossing up whether to get one or not, give it a whirl.

and onto the second point; this is my new lubing technique after som
hints from the LBS;
was very stingy this time with the amount of lube I put on (i jus
about always put toooo much on), just coated the chain and put on
nice outer coating of wax.... and its purring along again.... jus
about cut my cleaning time in half..!!

how does everyone else lube up ??

--
MikeyOz