TdF Cut-off time - Stage 15

Old July 24th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jay Hill

Default TdF Cut-off time - Stage 15

Dan Connelly wrote:

Did the TV (I assume Versus) also describe the riders navigating
treacherous descents @ 70 mph?

They've been backing off that this year, I think because GPS is being
used to give more accurate speeds. The highest I've heard so far is 60
mph.
Old July 24th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
Dan Connelly
wrote:

Bike-Mike wrote:

That makes perfect sense. The thumbnail version they give on TV is
just 8-10% which is apparently a generalization perhaps based on where
it typically falls.

Did the TV (I assume Versus) also describe the riders navigating treacherous descents @ 70 mph?

Believe virtually nothing you hear from US bike racing television coverage.

I heard that, and automatically translated to km/hr.

--
Michael Press

how to time a stage race Dan Connelly Racing 7 May 1st 07 02:51 PM
Stage 13 Time warp DirtRoadie Racing 3 September 9th 05 06:54 PM
Stage 2 all same time, weird k.papai Racing 2 July 3rd 05 06:53 PM
Stage 1 start Time??(prologue) FasTrack Racing 14 June 30th 05 11:44 PM
Tyler time cut stage 12 Vuelta! crit pro Racing 7 September 18th 04 05:03 AM