Spoke Lengths Question

Old December 29th 03, 04:55 AM
Kenny Lee

Default Spoke Lengths Question

Trying to build up a new rear wheel using Record 10 speed hub with an
AEXRIMS R400. Does anyone know what lengths I should use? The rim specs
are here. http://www.alexrims.com/oe/R400.htm

Thanks,
Kenny Lee
Old December 29th 03, 05:22 AM
Kenny Lee

Kenny Lee wrote:
Trying to build up a new rear wheel using Record 10 speed hub with an
AEXRIMS R400. Does anyone know what lengths I should use? The rim specs
are here. http://www.alexrims.com/oe/R400.htm

Thanks,
Kenny Lee

Forgot to mention it'll be laced 3X.

Kenny Lee
Old December 29th 03, 05:25 AM
Dan Daniel

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:22:17 +0800, Kenny Lee wrote:

Kenny Lee wrote:
Trying to build up a new rear wheel using Record 10 speed hub with an
AEXRIMS R400. Does anyone know what lengths I should use? The rim specs
are here. http://www.alexrims.com/oe/R400.htm

Thanks,
Kenny Lee

Forgot to mention it'll be laced 3X.

Kenny Lee

http://www.geocities.com/d_halem/wheel/wheel.html

You might check the Campy specs on their website to see if it matches
the default Campy numbers. You can enter numbers individually. You'll
need to do this for the ERD.
Old December 29th 03, 05:32 AM
Bruce Lange

Download Damon Rinard's excel spreadsheet, full strength version.

http://www.damonrinard.com/spocalc

It's also a good idea to measure rim ERD as he shows, it can sometimes vary
a bit.

It's also gonna matter how many spokes you use!

-Bruce-

Old December 29th 03, 08:12 AM
Kenny Lee

Thanks for all the replies. Was in a big rush to get to work and forgot
to write all the necessary details like lacing 3X with 32 spokes.

Does ERD mean "effective rim diameter?" Do I measure this from the
inside of the rim or the outside of the rim? Or do I measure from where
the nipple head rests inside the rim?

Kenny Lee
Old December 29th 03, 08:29 AM
Glhudson1

Trying to build up a new rear wheel using Record 10 speed hub with an
AEXRIMS R400. Does anyone know what lengths I should use?

should be
292 drive side
294 non drive

gary
Old December 29th 03, 10:40 AM
Kenny Lee

Kenny Lee wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. Was in a big rush to get to work and forgot
to write all the necessary details like lacing 3X with 32 spokes.

Does ERD mean "effective rim diameter?" Do I measure this from the
inside of the rim or the outside of the rim? Or do I measure from where
the nipple head rests inside the rim?

Kenny Lee

Never mind. Did a google search and found old posts by Daemon Rinard.

Kenny Lee
Old December 29th 03, 12:01 PM
Arthur Harris

"Kenny Lee" wrote:
Trying to build up a new rear wheel using Record 10 speed hub with an
AEXRIMS R400. Does anyone know what lengths I should use? The rim specs
are here. http://www.alexrims.com/oe/R400.htm

Forgot to mention it'll be laced 3X.

You also forgot to mention how many spokes your hub/rim uses.

Try Spocalc: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/rinard/spocalc.htm

Art Harris