A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Mountain Biking
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

"MONTEREY CO.: EXPERIENCED MOUNTAIN BIKER KILLED IN CRASH DURING RACE"



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 21st 08, 03:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,798
Default "MONTEREY CO.: EXPERIENCED MOUNTAIN BIKER KILLED IN CRASH DURING RACE"

Evolution in action....

Mike


http://cbs5.com/localwire/22.0.html?...CLIST-ACCIDENT

MONTEREY CO.: EXPERIENCED MOUNTAIN BIKER KILLED IN CRASH DURING RACE

The Monterey County coroner's office today scheduled an autopsy for an
experienced mountain biker who died after crashing during a Saturday
afternoon bike race in unincorporated Monterey County, officials said.

San Jose resident Mark Reynolds, 48, was a competition mountain biker
who was riding in the Sea Otter Classic at the Mazda Raceway Laguna
Seca, according to the Monterey County Sheriff's Office.

Reynolds was riding downhill when he apparently failed to negotiate a
small wooden bridge, sending the bike off the side of the bridge and
crashing into a dirt embankment, the sheriff's office reported.

Reynolds, suffering apparent head and neck injuries, was flown to
Natividad Medical Center where he died at about 12:30 p.m., the
sheriff's office reported. An autopsy has been scheduled today to
determine the cause of Reynolds' death, officials said.

( 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. In the interest of
timeliness, this story is fed directly from the Associated Press
newswire and may contain occasional typographical errors. )
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Ads
  #2  
Old April 21st 08, 11:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Beej Jorgensen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 87
Default "MONTEREY CO.: EXPERIENCED MOUNTAIN BIKER KILLED IN CRASH DURING RACE"

Mike Vandeman wrote:
( 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.


Way to redistribute copyrighted material, Mike. At least you didn't put
your name on it, I'll give you that.

-Beej

  #3  
Old April 22nd 08, 01:03 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 534
Default "MONTEREY CO.: EXPERIENCED MOUNTAIN BIKER KILLED IN CRASH DURINGRACE"

On Apr 21, 10:40*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action....


Evolution in action...

http://www.imaja.com/change/environm...BobIsDead.html

  #4  
Old April 22nd 08, 05:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,798
Default "MONTEREY CO.: EXPERIENCED MOUNTAIN BIKER KILLED IN CRASH DURING RACE"

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:09:24 +0000 (UTC), Beej Jorgensen
wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
( 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.


Way to redistribute copyrighted material, Mike. At least you didn't put
your name on it, I'll give you that.

-Beej


Someone DIED in their race, but all of the mountain bikers IGNORED it.
Tried to sweep it under the rug. Hmmm.
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
  #5  
Old April 22nd 08, 03:00 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 534
Default CAT DIES DUE TO THE NEGLIGENCE OF IRRESPONSIBLE PET OWNER!

On Apr 22, 12:29*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:09:24 +0000 (UTC), Beej Jorgensen

wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:
( 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.


Way to redistribute copyrighted material, Mike. *At least you didn't put
your name on it, I'll give you that.


-Beej


Someone DIED in their race, but all of the mountain bikers IGNORED it.
Tried to sweep it under the rug. Hmmm.


A cat died because of an irresponsible owner. That irresponsible owner
treid to blame it on a motorist, hmmm.

http://www.imaja.com/change/environm...BobIsDead.html

I have it on good authority that the cat actually threw himself under
the wheels of the car because he was tired of his abusive "master".
  #6  
Old April 23rd 08, 12:48 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tom Sherman[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,890
Default CAT DIES DUE TO THE NEGLIGENCE OF IRRESPONSIBLE PET OWNER!

Siskuwihane wrote:
On Apr 22, 12:29 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:09:24 +0000 (UTC), Beej Jorgensen

wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:
( 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
Way to redistribute copyrighted material, Mike. At least you didn't put
your name on it, I'll give you that.
-Beej

Someone DIED in their race, but all of the mountain bikers IGNORED it.
Tried to sweep it under the rug. Hmmm.


A cat died because of an irresponsible owner. That irresponsible owner
treid to blame it on a motorist, hmmm.

http://www.imaja.com/change/environm...BobIsDead.html

I have it on good authority that the cat actually threw himself under
the wheels of the car because he was tired of his abusive "master".


Yes, there are only so many lectures on the alleged evils of mountain
bikes that a feline can stand.

--
Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
The weather is here, wish you were beautiful
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Mountain biker plunges off 40-foot cliff" Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 14 November 7th 07 05:39 AM
"Mountain biker plunges off 40-foot cliff" Mike Vandeman Social Issues 14 November 7th 07 05:39 AM
"Top New Zealand Mountain Biker" Breaks Her Neck! Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 12 February 7th 07 07:32 AM
"Top New Zealand Mountain Biker" Breaks Her Neck! Mike Vandeman Social Issues 12 February 7th 07 07:32 AM
"Champion" Mountain Biker Breaks His Neck Mike Vandeman Social Issues 6 January 26th 07 09:58 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.