A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Mountain Biking
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Mountain Biker Robs a Bank



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 20th 09, 05:07 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,798
Default Mountain Biker Robs a Bank

No surprize there. Breaking the law is commonplace for mountain
bikers.

Mike


http://www.fox44.net/Global/story.asp?S=10033263

Robber stomps bank teller, rides off on a mountain bike

Associated Press - March 19, 2009 3:15 AM ET

EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y. (AP) - Police in Rensselaer County are looking
for a masked bank robber who stomped on a teller before riding off on
a mountain bike with an undetermined amount of cash.

Authorities say the man rode up to a Key Bank in East Greenbush
shortly before 3 p.m. Wednesday and assaulted and robbed the teller.
He then rode the red bike a few blocks, threw the bike in the back of
a blue Dodge Dakota pickup, and drove off with a second suspect.

Police say the man wore a cream-colored sweatshirt and dark running
pants. They're asking any witnesses to contact them.
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Ads
  #2  
Old March 20th 09, 05:15 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Beej Jorgensen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 87
Default Mountain Biker Robs a Bank

Mike Vandeman wrote:
No surprize there. Breaking the law is commonplace for mountain
bikers.


They really need to stop putting banks on the Pacific Crest Trail!

-Beej

  #3  
Old March 20th 09, 12:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak44
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 107
Default Michael J. Vandeman is a mountain-biker.

On Mar 20, 12:07*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
No surprize there. Breaking the law is commonplace for mountain
bikers.


The robber spent less time on a mountain-bike than you have, hence YOU
are a mountain-biker.

  #4  
Old March 20th 09, 01:39 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Cully J
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 78
Default Mountain Biker Robs a Bank

On Mar 19, 11:07*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
No surprize there. Breaking the law is commonplace for mountain
bikers.

Mike

http://www.fox44.net/Global/story.asp?S=10033263

Robber stomps bank teller, rides off on a mountain bike

Associated Press - March 19, 2009 3:15 AM ET

EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y. (AP) - Police in Rensselaer County are looking
for a masked bank robber who stomped on a teller before riding off on
a mountain bike with an undetermined amount of cash.

Authorities say the man rode up to a Key Bank in East Greenbush
shortly before 3 p.m. Wednesday and assaulted and robbed the teller.
He then rode the red bike a few blocks, threw the bike in the back of
a blue Dodge Dakota pickup, and drove off with a second suspect.

Police say the man wore a cream-colored sweatshirt and dark running
pants. They're asking any witnesses to contact them.
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande


This story would be impressive to me if he actually used the bike to
get away. Instead he jumped into pickup truck and fled.

Cullen

  #5  
Old March 20th 09, 04:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,798
Default Mountain Biker Robs a Bank

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 05:39:23 -0700 (PDT), Cully J
wrote:

On Mar 19, 11:07*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
No surprize there. Breaking the law is commonplace for mountain
bikers.

Mike

http://www.fox44.net/Global/story.asp?S=10033263

Robber stomps bank teller, rides off on a mountain bike

Associated Press - March 19, 2009 3:15 AM ET

EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y. (AP) - Police in Rensselaer County are looking
for a masked bank robber who stomped on a teller before riding off on
a mountain bike with an undetermined amount of cash.

Authorities say the man rode up to a Key Bank in East Greenbush
shortly before 3 p.m. Wednesday and assaulted and robbed the teller.
He then rode the red bike a few blocks, threw the bike in the back of
a blue Dodge Dakota pickup, and drove off with a second suspect.

Police say the man wore a cream-colored sweatshirt and dark running
pants. They're asking any witnesses to contact them.
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande


This story would be impressive to me if he actually used the bike to
get away. Instead he jumped into pickup truck and fled.

Cullen


Can't you read? He DID use the bike to get away -- just like mountain
bikers who are caught poaching.
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
  #6  
Old March 20th 09, 04:55 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Daddy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12
Default Mountain Biker Robs a Bank

Liar!
  #7  
Old March 20th 09, 04:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
di
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 847
Default Mountain Biker Robs a Bank


"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
...
No surprize there. Breaking the law is commonplace for mountain
bikers.

Mike


http://www.fox44.net/Global/story.asp?S=10033263

Robber stomps bank teller, rides off on a mountain bike

Associated Press - March 19, 2009 3:15 AM ET

EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y. (AP) - Police in Rensselaer County are looking
for a masked bank robber who stomped on a teller before riding off on
a mountain bike with an undetermined amount of cash.

Authorities say the man rode up to a Key Bank in East Greenbush
shortly before 3 p.m. Wednesday and assaulted and robbed the teller.
He then rode the red bike a few blocks, threw the bike in the back of
a blue Dodge Dakota pickup, and drove off with a second suspect.

Police say the man wore a cream-colored sweatshirt and dark running
pants. They're asking any witnesses to contact them.
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande


It's the Dodge Pickup that's the problem, none of the drivers of them can be
trusted, especially if the trucks are the Blue ones.


  #8  
Old March 20th 09, 05:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill Sornson[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,541
Default Mountain Biker Robs a Bank

DI wrote:

It's the Dodge Pickup that's the problem, none of the drivers of them
can be trusted, especially if the trucks are the Blue ones.


You just indicted Mrs. Mikey.


  #9  
Old March 20th 09, 11:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,sci.environment
Dan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 36
Default Bank Robber escapes on "mountain-style bike"

Corrected Subject line.

Dan
  #10  
Old March 21st 09, 02:07 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak44
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 107
Default Mountain Biker Robs a Bank

On Mar 20, 12:16*pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
DI wrote:
It's the Dodge Pickup that's the problem, none of the drivers of them
can be trusted, especially if the trucks are the Blue ones.


You just indicted Mrs. Mikey.


Which one, the old one or the new one?
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Death Threat from a Typical Mountain Biker (was Hate Mail from a Typical Mountain Biker) averal Social Issues 0 April 11th 05 04:47 AM
Mountain Biking is DANGEROUS! -- Mountain Biker Found Dead In Capitol State Forest, WA [email protected] Mountain Biking 4 February 13th 05 12:33 AM
Mountain Biking is DANGEROUS! -- Mountain Biker Found Dead In Capitol State Forest, WA treefrog Social Issues 1 February 13th 05 12:33 AM
Mountain Biking is DANGEROUS! -- Mountain Biker Found Dead In Capitol State Forest, WA [email protected] Social Issues 0 February 10th 05 12:32 AM
Mountain Biker Gives Driver the Finger, Then Wonders Why People Hate Mountain Bikers! Mr_Kingkillaha Mountain Biking 3 January 27th 05 05:20 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.