Go Pro Loonie loses the plot on Humber Bridge

Old April 28th 17, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Go Pro Loonie loses the plot on Humber Bridge

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 7:34:29 AM UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:
http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/semi-...ail/story.html

He would never be able to get that far in the U.S. as the U. S. is not as free a country as the UK.

In fact, just showing up in public like that would justify shooting the mo fo in some states.

Bret Cahill

Just like being lost, knocking on the door and asking for directions in Alabama.

Old April 28th 17, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 28/04/2017 07:34, Bret Cahill wrote:
http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/semi-...ail/story.html

He would never be able to get that far in the U.S. as the U. S. is not as free a country as the UK.

In fact, just showing up in public like that would justify shooting the mo fo in some states.

You mean showing up in public and being black, don't you? or do I
misrepresent the US police?
Old April 28th 17, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 28/04/2017 13:49, Nick wrote:
On 28/04/2017 07:34, Bret Cahill wrote:
http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/semi-...ail/story.html

He would never be able to get that far in the U.S. as the U. S. is not
as free a country as the UK.

In fact, just showing up in public like that would justify shooting
the mo fo in some states.

You mean showing up in public and being black, don't you? or do I
misrepresent the US police?

they shoot more whites than blacks

2015: By race and ethnicity, there were 494 whites, 258 blacks, 172
Hispanics, 15 Asians, 14 American Indians or Alaskan natives, 9 “other”
races, and 28 deaths with the race not specified.

Just over 90 percent of those were armed when shot.
Old April 30th 17, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 20:56:37 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 7:52:52 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
wrote:
On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 5:22:09 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/semi-...ail/story.html

Very good Simon.
I have to ask the question: How is your job hunting going on?
I'm one of the few here who offered you a constructive opinion.

I have 1300 pcm coming in after fixed payments, so I don't need a
job, per se. Also, an ex workmate has a French chateau that he needs
looking after in June, so that is a free holiday sorted.

So I was correct about you being too old then?
Simon, I was NOT having a go.

My ex BP mate who is 62 has left Avis vans after 10 years and is now getting a lab job at Reckitts with my other mate who is 54. My Vivergo job will be starting in May/Juns as px want BP staff out by Xmas.

http://www.pxlimited.com/px-group-ne...l-park-from-bp

So have you actually been offered a job at Vivergo?

Old February 14th 18, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 5:24:20 PM UTC+1, Judith wrote:

So have you actually been offered a job at Vivergo?

It has since shut down and so I have dodged a bullet by not accepting a job at a place that subsequently went bust.
Old February 28th 18, 07:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

So have you actually been offered a job at Vivergo?

It has since shut down and so I have dodged a bullet by not accepting a job at a place that subsequently went bust.

My free lancing dad once wrote an article about how so many of the publications who printed his stuff subsequently went tits up.

I warned him not to send that one out but it was so funny it was actually worth starving to death.

Bret Cahill

Old February 28th 18, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 6:30:50 AM UTC, Bret Cahill wrote:
So have you actually been offered a job at Vivergo?

It has since shut down and so I have dodged a bullet by not accepting a job at a place that subsequently went bust.

My free lancing dad once wrote an article about how so many of the publications who printed his stuff subsequently went tits up.

I warned him not to send that one out but it was so funny it was actually worth starving to death.

If I had got that job, obtained three pay packets and then got a bank loan for a new car on the back of it, I would then have a new car and been given 3 months' notice!

The car would have been repossesed and I would still have 4 years left, plus the final £4000!

Only consolation would be that the excess mileage charge would not kick in.