Next: Lance's guide to Shot Blocking

Old January 29th 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dave a

Default Next: Lance's guide to Shot Blocking

http://www.adventurecorps.com/deathv...ton/bwbook.jpg

- dave a
Old January 29th 09, 04:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
LawBoy01

http://tinyurl.com/Bill-Walton-Masi
Old January 29th 09, 01:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jan 28, 11:17*pm, LawBoy01 wrote:
On Jan 28, 8:38*pm, dave a wrote:

http://www.adventurecorps.com/deathv...ton/bwbook.jpg

- dave a

http://tinyurl.com/Bill-Walton-Masi

Everything I've seen says Walton is still riding, and did some racing
back in the day.
Bill C
Old January 30th 09, 02:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Jan 28, 8:38*pm, dave a wrote:

http://www.adventurecorps.com/deathv...ton/bwbook.jpg

- dave a

http://tinyurl.com/Bill-Walton-Masi

Everything I've seen says Walton is still riding, and did some racing
back in the day.

Dumbass -

There's no way a guy that tall could have any success racing mass
start. He wouldn't be able to draft effectively relative to everyone
else.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old January 30th 09, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jan 28, 8:38*pm, dave a wrote:

http://www.adventurecorps.com/deathv...ton/bwbook.jpg

- dave a

http://tinyurl.com/Bill-Walton-Masi

Everything I've seen says Walton is still riding, and did some racing
back in the day.

Dumbass -

There's no way a guy that tall could have any success racing mass
start. He wouldn't be able to draft effectively relative to everyone
else.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Agreed, but I remember seeing something a few years ago, probably in
the SI archives that he did show up for some local races in nthe
spring and summer. Mostly just for the hell of it and the experience
which is why most of us race since we sure as hell aren't going to be
winning Pro races anytime soon. Noteable exceptions excluded.
****, I'm not sure I could beat Myerson, and Verheul in a cross race
even if I swiped their wheels and pit bike but I'm the outlier here.
My impression was that he just dug the scene and the act.
Bill C
Old January 30th 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

On Jan 28, 8:38 pm, dave a wrote:
http://www.adventurecorps.com/deathv...ton/bwbook.jpg
- dave a
http://tinyurl.com/Bill-Walton-Masi

Everything I've seen says Walton is still riding, and did some racing
back in the day.

Dumbass -

There's no way a guy that tall could have any success racing mass
start. He wouldn't be able to draft effectively relative to everyone
else.

This guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detlef_Schrempf) raced in some of
our local fatty master criteriums a while back. He and I both won about
the same amount of money. Really big bike. A huge steel Landshark, as I
recall.
Old January 30th 09, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Fred Fredburger wrote:
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
There's no way a guy that tall could have any success racing mass
start.

This guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detlef_Schrempf) raced in some of
our local fatty master criteriums a while back. He and I both won about
the same amount of money.

Is that a refute or a confirmation?
Old January 30th 09, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Susan Walker wrote:
Fred Fredburger wrote:
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
There's no way a guy that tall could have any success racing mass
start.

This guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detlef_Schrempf) raced in some
of our local fatty master criteriums a while back. He and I both won
about the same amount of money.

Is that a refute or a confirmation?

Confirmation.

Wind-blocking pants Mike Rocket J Squirrel Techniques 23 October 25th 08 11:49 PM
Blocking RS Techniques 25 July 23rd 07 01:38 AM
Out of my Way, You're Blocking the Bike Trail oilfreeandhappy General 4 February 25th 06 12:51 PM
Out of my Way, You're Blocking the Bike Trail oilfreeandhappy Techniques 1 February 18th 06 12:08 AM