Newbie Question... Mountain bike for $300

Old September 10th 03, 04:58 PM
Nat Xavier

Default Newbie Question... Mountain bike for $300

Im not a strong rider at all and havent owned a bike in 15+ years.
I'm looking to get into mountain biking, but nothing crazy. Looking
to spend ~$300.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nat
Old September 10th 03, 07:12 PM
Stephen Baker

Nat asks:

I'm looking to get into mountain biking, but nothing crazy. Looking
to spend ~$300.

Since I own one, and love it, try a Specialized HardRock. Mine has rigid forks
(not available anymore) so you will have to settle for cheap sus forks, but put
them on your list of "Replace when break" parts and ride it anyway.
You will, however, want a bike that fits. That is the MOST important thing.
Brad name comes a distant second. Go try a few various bikes (there is a range
available at that budget) and see which feels best.
Steve
Old September 11th 03, 02:20 PM
Mitch Pollard

Giant Boulder, Good Geos. Good shimano rig. Nice frame decent weight... ezi
fire's shimmano V brakes. !!! cant go wrong. Decent kenda all rounder tyres
!
Subject: Newbie Question... Mountain bike for $300
From: (Nat Xavier)
Date: 9/10/2003 11:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Im not a strong rider at all and havent owned a bike in 15+ years.
I'm looking to get into mountain biking, but nothing crazy. Looking
to spend ~$300.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nat

If you can do it, at least try for something in the $400 dollar range, and

more
so, the $500 range. In that range, you could look at both the Giant Yukon

and
Iguana, take a look at
www.giantbicycles.com

Old September 11th 03, 02:22 PM
Mitch Pollard

I Should Add Its Shimano ALTUS with massiv jockey wheels. altus crankset
deecent cogs. have a ride they would be $299 in USA maybe $10 more who knows
im In australia and they are about $350 - $370 here.

Old September 12th 03, 11:46 PM
B. Sanders

From: (Nat Xavier)
Date: 9/10/2003 11:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Im not a strong rider at all and havent owned a bike in 15+ years.
I'm looking to get into mountain biking, but nothing crazy. Looking
to spend ~$300.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nat

If you can do it, at least try for something in the $400 dollar range, and

more
so, the $500 range. In that range, you could look at both the Giant Yukon

and
Iguana, take a look at
www.giantbicycles.com

Agreed. The Giant bikes are unbeatable in almost every price range, and real
performers. Best parts spec per dollar on the market. Also have a look at
the Trek 3500 and 4500. Gary Fisher has some bikes in your price range, too.
All are good. Pick the one that feels best to you. Fit is important.

-=B=-

Date: 2003-04-10 14:37:46 PST
Giant

Date: 2003-04-23 20:06:42 PST
Giant Giant Giant Giant Giant Giant www.giantbicycles.com

Date: 2003-04-26 05:28:00 PST
Giant

Date: 2003-05-02 04:06:25 PST
Giant

Date: 2003-05-07 19:51:39 PST
Giant Giant

Date: 2003-05-15 05:34:09 PST
Giant Giant

Date: 2003-05-24 19:41:39 PST
Giant

Date: 2003-05-26 05:42:07 PST
Giant Giant Giant Giant

Date: 2003-06-02 05:17:39 PST
Giant Giant Giant Giant

Date: 2003-06-02 05:22:31 PST
Giant

Date: 2003-06-22 19:20:42 PST
Giant

Date: 2003-06-23 06:23:54 PST
Giant

Date: 2003-06-24 07:54:34 PST
Giant

Date: 2003-06-25 14:59:15 PST
Giant

Date: 2003-06-26 15:10:28 PST
Giant

Date: 2003-06-27 04:29:04 PST
Giant Giant

Date: 2003-06-27 04:30:36 PST
Giant

Date: 2003-06-28 05:28:55 PST
Giant

Date: 2003-06-29 15:05:34 PST
Giant

Date: 2003-06-29 19:23:41 PST
Giant

Date: 2003-06-30 20:51:07 PST
Giant

The am-b parrot posted that brand name thirty six
times in less than three months. The most pathetic of
the posts came in on 04/23, where it was mentioned
seven times in one post. Silly little sod.

JD