Video: 30-day compilation

Old February 22nd 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default Video: 30-day compilation

Danni wrote:
Skrobo, are you trying to **** on his parade?
He is not 17 with a huge ego. He is 51 and learning fast. I give my
respects to you UniFart!

Danni! Hahaha! I keep watching that jackass clip and it cracks me UP!
Did you see JA2? Me and friends went to see it when it came out and we
laughed so hard we almost got kicked out!

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

Old February 22nd 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

skrobo wrote:
uhm
stairs are way easier to ride down on a 24" uni every day of the year.

The only set I've attempted to ride down is a very mild 3 stairs and
I've only attempted it on my DX w/ a 24X2" tire and 170 cranks. It's
easier to ride down curbs though with my 20 w/ a 2" tire and 152
cranks, so I thought it'd also be easier to ride down a set of stairs
w/ similar wheel crank sizes. Also you'd be falling from lower height
and speed, so UPD's would be safer and less scary.

--
skilewis74

Old February 22nd 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phthoruth

Skyro... nice photos. Cool idea doing it onto sand... less painful.

Geezer... looks like theres nothing stopping you, just yet. Try not to
break a leg.

--
phthoruth
phthoruth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11491

Old February 22nd 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

skilewis74 wrote:
The only set I've attempted to ride down is a very mild 3 stairs and
I've only attempted it on my DX w/ a 24X2" tire and 170 cranks. It's
easier to ride down curbs though with my 20 w/ a 2" tire and 152
cranks, so I thought it'd also be easier to ride down a set of stairs
w/ similar wheel crank sizes. Also you'd be falling from lower height
and speed, so UPD's would be safer and less scary.

When I actualy *ride* down stair sets, I like to ride down them pretty
fast. If I "baby" each step and go to slow, I usually get tripped up
easier, so now I just blast down them. My next challenge is to do this
one-footed! but for that I wouldn't want to go that fast!

Old February 22nd 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

MuniAddict wrote:
Whoa! That would be so cool to see on video! But again dude...your drop
down that HUGE set was amazing! Especially with that tire grab! You're
my new stairmaster idol! Btw, was that a 12-set???

naw
11 if you count the step almost buried in the sand.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old February 22nd 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

phthoruth wrote:
Skyro... nice photos. Cool idea doing it onto sand... less painful.

Geezer... looks like theres nothing stopping you, just yet. Try not to
break a leg.

yeah next time I go there, im going to do it onto something that I can
really land on.
like a board or something. (maybe a skimboard just to make it tough)

Old February 22nd 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

skrobo wrote:
yeah next time I go there, im going to do it onto something that I can
really land on.
like a board or something. (maybe a skimboard just to make it tough)

Can't tell from the photo, but how much "lead in" did you have, and did
you need a lot of speed to get up that high and the distance?

Old February 22nd 07, 05:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

MuniAddict wrote:
Can't tell from the photo, but how much "lead in" did you have, and did
you need a lot of speed to get up that high and the distance?

uhm

I didn't have too much, i came from an angle and turned like a madman
to hit the stairs right(added up to 30 feet or so). I was probably
going about 2/3 speed of my fastest comfortable rolling hop. The height
at that distance is because I did as far of a rolling hop as I possibly
could and ended up in that spot.
just-so-you-know, that picture is mirrored left to right because it is
a video frame, im going to make a short video of me rolling hopping
some things because thats all i can do 1/2 decently... i suck at
tricks. and I did it 3 times, landed exactly the same each time, but
the tire grab was the last time. I noticed that on that jump, i was in
the air for long enough that it didn't seem to change much at
all(except coolness).

Old February 22nd 07, 11:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
norry

Terry your one lean mean video producing machine!

Not only has your riding improved greatly your video editing and
filming has also gone up by a good few notches.

I aspire to be that good now let alone when I'm in my 50's!

Keep em coming.

Good work man.

--
norry

london uk uni meet 06 [ 'video '
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54700) ]
my lastest video [ 'quarry muni'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51406) ]
norry's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6901

Old February 23rd 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

phthoruth wrote:
Skyro... nice photos. Cool idea doing it onto sand... less painful.

Geezer... looks like theres nothing stopping you, just yet. Try not to
break a leg.

Well, the rain stopped me and my friend from riding muni
today...although we still tried! Within literally moments after getting
started on the trail, our tires (esp.my 24x3 Gazz) became so caked with
clay-like mud, that the wheels suddenly seized because the thick clay
stuck to EVERYTHING, and the tires became like double in size and
couldn't turn, especially in my case with the brakes in the way! Bad,
bad! My Muni felt like it weighed at least 10 pounds heavier! Well,
there's always tomorrow!

norry wrote:
Terry your one lean mean video producing machine!

Not only has your riding improved greatly your video editing and
filming has also gone up by a good few notches.

I aspire to be that good now let alone when I'm in my 50's!

Keep em coming.

Good work man.

Thanks. I have some new ideas that I'm working on for my next vid; it
will be quite a depature from the other vids!