Are mobile phones wiping out our bees?

Old April 19th 07, 01:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
â–€Slack

Default Are mobile phones wiping out our bees?

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:55:40 -0700, Bill Sornson wrote:

?Slack wrote:
On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:20:23 -0700, Mike Vandeman
wrote:

Are mobile phones wiping out our bees?

So what! I could live off cheese nips, beef jerky, pizza and ice
cream.

Good thing you're slow on climbs.

Bill "ain't 'splainin'" S.

Hey, I've had a vomit session.... or two before.

Btw, where have you been lately? I was beginning to think you
accidentally ingested a bottle of Nair or something.
--
Slack
Old April 19th 07, 02:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
chatnoir

On Apr 18, 5:03 pm, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
"chatnoir" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Apr 18, 2:58 pm, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

. ..

\Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:31:42 -0400

Yep, pretty scary... and impacts on humans too...

http://news.independent.co.uk/enviro...cle2449968.ece

Actually, IF this turns out to be accurate, it is scary stuff indeed.

Sad thing is, it's probably not scary for the reason YOU think it's
scary.
The problem becomes, the affect of loss of bees might have on human
populations. I'm certain that your view is that the loss of bees is
important to the bees, and that radio waves are bad for people. Radio
waves
are not directly bad for people, but if they are bad for bees, then bad
things happening to bees might be bad for people.

I saw where there was one European Researcher in electromagnetic
radiation - cell phones! He now wears a metal suit to keep the
electromagnetic radiation from him! Anybody else hear about that?

I just wear a foil hat ...

Cell phones put out so little power there is very little, if any, real risk
of harm from them. Especially on older people. There is a remote possibility
that very young children might be exposed to radiation hazards from cell
phones, but I think it takes multiple continuous hours a day of use, and
that has to take place day after day. The random 30-second cell phone to
call Mom to get a ride home from Suzi's house isn't a problem.

PS
I don't really wear a foil hat.

Spock: Insufficient facts always invite danger.

Old April 22nd 07, 06:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Paul Cassel

Jeff Strickland wrote:

FINALLY, Vandeman is worried about something that appears to have merit.
The sad thing is, he is probably not worried about the aspects that
carry the merit.

Maybe he'll grace us with a logical explanation of his position.

If all bees were to suddenly vanish, we'd have maybe three years food
supply. This isn't a joke or funny at all if there really is an epidemic
of hive collapse we do need to find out why.
Old April 22nd 07, 06:42 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

"Paul Cassel" wrote in message
. ..
Jeff Strickland wrote:

FINALLY, Vandeman is worried about something that appears to have merit.
The sad thing is, he is probably not worried about the aspects that carry
the merit.

Maybe he'll grace us with a logical explanation of his position.

If all bees were to suddenly vanish, we'd have maybe three years food
supply. This isn't a joke or funny at all if there really is an epidemic
of hive collapse we do need to find out why.

You do not need to explain that to me. Vandeman is the one who could use the
education.

Old April 24th 07, 07:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

In article B8NWh.1184$Wa.794@trnddc08,
Jeff Strickland wrote:

Vandeman is the one who could use the education.

You don't think he's immune to education?

--
http://yosemitephotos.net/

Hub Dynamo for charging mobile phones biking-geordie UK 9 October 30th 06 12:49 PM
mobile phones whilst cycling? MartinM UK 79 October 10th 06 11:14 PM
Mobile phones, wives and Cokers onebyone Unicycling 22 July 12th 05 12:52 AM
Mobile 'phones crackdown MartinM UK 79 November 23rd 04 03:32 PM
Mobile Phones Vincent Wilcox UK 38 December 5th 03 11:02 AM