Dirt Again

Old April 23rd 07, 05:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

Default Dirt Again

On Apr 16, 9:55 pm, Corvus Corvax wrote:
On Apr 16, 3:42 pm, "JD" wrote:

Riding, good. Skip stop, bad.

On dirt: skip stop = skid, right? ;-)

On pavement: when the skip stop is needed, the skip stop comes on its
own. And it is good.

CC

Skip stop sometimes equals skid mark.

/s

Old April 23rd 07, 07:54 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

On Apr 16, 3:42 pm, "JD" wrote:

Riding, good. Skip stop, bad.

On dirt: skip stop = skid, right? ;-)

On pavement: when the skip stop is needed, the skip stop comes on its
own. And it is good.

CC

Skip stop sometimes equals skid mark.

Yes, I can see that happening.

Some dude here on the a.m-b. is getting really strong on his 52x15, no
brake fixie. Said dude and me rode to see the Klunkerz movie yesterday,
45 miles with a bitch of a headwind and a few hills. Said dude looked
as fresh at the end of the ride as he did at the beginning.

Greg

--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky
Old April 23rd 07, 09:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 16, 3:42 pm, "JD" wrote:

Riding, good. Skip stop, bad.

On dirt: skip stop = skid, right? ;-)

On pavement: when the skip stop is needed, the skip stop comes on its
own. And it is good.

CC

Skip stop sometimes equals skid mark.

/s

I'm just learning better evasion tactics. Last week I hand-dabbed a
van that pulled right out in front of me and it prevented me from
taking a huge digger. Practice and improvisation make for a better
rider on any bike. If one can get into that "athletic stream of
consciousness", they have it made.

JD

Old April 24th 07, 03:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Apr 16, 3:42 pm, "JD" wrote:

Riding, good. Skip stop, bad.

On dirt: skip stop = skid, right? ;-)

On pavement: when the skip stop is needed, the skip stop comes on its
own. And it is good.

CC

Skip stop sometimes equals skid mark.

/s

I'm just learning better evasion tactics. Last week I hand-dabbed a
van that pulled right out in front of me and it prevented me from
taking a huge digger. Practice and improvisation make for a better
rider on any bike. If one can get into that "athletic stream of
consciousness", they have it made.

JD- Hide quoted text -

I hear you on the raised consciousness thing. I must tap cars and vans
at least 3 times a week, often followed by some animated chitchat.

It's when you get that simultaneous combo, eg: van + pothole +
jaywalking 9 year old with iPod + cab door swung open + grease slick +
etc, all happening in a 15' x 2' space. That can take some serious
zen. It's also what I like to call my morning commute, a symphony of
potential ouchies repeated x many times over my 9 miles. Over the
years, it has taken its toll: I may be turning into a more religious
person. I don't know if it's out of fear, or recognizing a pattern and
assuming a higher order.

My solution: get a bell. Surprisingly effective, less stressful than
yelling all the time (which I think is a precursor to talking to
yourself permanently), and their cuteness makes you less threatening
to the fairer.

/s

Old April 26th 07, 03:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

On Apr 24, 10:12 am, Scott Gordo wrote:

I hear you on the raised consciousness thing. I must tap cars and vans
at least 3 times a week, often followed by some animated chitchat.

I'm really losing my edge out here in the Provinces.

My solution: get a bell.

With you there. I have a little single-ding Incredi-Bell, which really
spreads positive vibes.

CC

Old April 26th 07, 11:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 26, 7:27 am, Corvus Corvax wrote:
On Apr 24, 10:12 am, Scott Gordo wrote:

I hear you on the raised consciousness thing. I must tap cars and vans
at least 3 times a week, often followed by some animated chitchat.

I'm really losing my edge out here in the Provinces.

You're getting soft, W.

My solution: get a bell.

With you there. I have a little single-ding Incredi-Bell, which really
spreads positive vibes.

There aren't enough pedestrians to justify having a bell on a street
bike here behind the Orange Curtain. Woody Harrelson's quote from
Crash rings very true. I do have bells on my beach cruisers though
and they always come in handy for warning doofi on the beach strands.

JD

Old April 27th 07, 02:54 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Apr 26, 10:27 am, Corvus Corvax wrote:
On Apr 24, 10:12 am, Scott Gordo wrote:

I hear you on the raised consciousness thing. I must tap cars and vans
at least 3 times a week, often followed by some animated chitchat.

I'm really losing my edge out here in the Provinces.

I'd consider that a good thing. I have to periodically take time off
the bike to let my stress level (on and off the bike) return down to a
simmer. Of course, taking the subway has it's own set of aggravations.
La de dah!

My solution: get a bell.

With you there. I have a little single-ding Incredi-Bell, which really
spreads positive vibes.

CC

PING!

/s

Old April 27th 07, 08:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 27, 6:54 am, Scott Gordo wrote:
On Apr 26, 10:27 am, Corvus Corvax wrote:

On Apr 24, 10:12 am, Scott Gordo wrote:

I hear you on the raised consciousness thing. I must tap cars and vans
at least 3 times a week, often followed by some animated chitchat.

I'm really losing my edge out here in the Provinces.

I'd consider that a good thing. I have to periodically take time off
the bike to let my stress level (on and off the bike) return down to a
simmer. Of course, taking the subway has it's own set of aggravations.
La de dah!

My solution: get a bell.

With you there. I have a little single-ding Incredi-Bell, which really
spreads positive vibes.

CC

PING!

/s

I see you have the machine that goes "PING!"

JD hospital administrator

Dirt Almost Dry!!! Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 3 March 13th 07 12:12 AM
First Dirt in My New Home Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 13 June 28th 06 01:53 PM
RR: Actually got on some dirt MattB Mountain Biking 12 April 14th 05 06:37 PM
Dirt Uni TheoELind Unicycling 7 February 2nd 05 05:27 PM
dirt bike emily520 Rides 0 November 19th 04 07:54 AM