Paris Nice, stage 6 summary

Old March 13th 10, 05:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

Default Paris Nice, stage 6 summary

Stage 6 : Mar 13, Peynier - Tourrettes-sur-Loup, 220 km

1 Xavier Tondo (Spa) Cervelo Test Team 5.01.39
2 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 0.05
3 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas - Doimo
4 Samuel Sanchez (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi
5 Joaquim Rodriguez (Spa) Team Katusha
6 Leonardo Duque (Col) Cofidis, Le Credit en Ligne
7 Luis-Leon Sanchez (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne
8 Christophe Riblon (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
9 Reine Taaramae (Est) Cofidis, Le Credit en Ligne
10 Daniele Righi (Ita) Lampre - Farnese Vini

Changes in stage 6 compared to stage 5 :

Biggest gainers by position :
+36 Pierrick Fedrigo
+35 Tadej Valjavec
+33 Christopher Horner
+33 Benat Intxausti
+32 Daniel Navarro
+30 Dimitri Champion
+28 Chris Sorensen
+27 Stephen Cummings
+27 Serguei Ivanov
+26 Romain Sicard

Biggest losers by position :
-59 Kevin Seeldrayers
-29 Luis Pasamontes
-27 Julien El Fares
-24 Christian Meier
-22 Egoi Martinez
-19 Daniel Martin
-19 Julien Loubet
-17 Frederik Willems
-16 Juan Jose Cobo Acebo
-16 Mirco Lorenzetto
-15 Cyril Lemoine

Biggest gainers by time :
+0:16 Xavier Tondo
+0:06 Sylvain Chavanel
+0:06 Alejandro Valverde
+0:04 Peter Sagan
+0:01 Sandy Casar

Biggest losers by time :
-24:36 Benjamin Noval Gonzalez
-24:36 Christian Meier
-24:36 Jeremy Galland
-24:36 Jurgen Van Goolen
-24:36 Luis Pasamontes
-24:36 Sebastien Turgot
-24:36 Vicente Garcia Acosta
-24:34 Kevin Seeldrayers
-18:37 Christian Vandevelde
-18:37 Jos Van Emden
-18:27 Adam Hansen

Favourites by position :
+17 Damiano Cunego
+2 Xavier Tondo
+1 Levi Leipheimer
-7 Christian Vandevelde
-9 Tony Martin

Favourites by time :
+0:16 Xavier Tondo
+0:06 Alejandro Valverde
-4:59 Damiano Cunego
-18:27 Tony Martin
-18:37 Christian Vandevelde

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alberto Contador 25.43.24
2 Alejandro Valverde 0.14
3 Roman Kreuziger 0.25
5 Samuel Sanchez 0.29
6 Jens Voigt 0.34
9 David Millar 1.02
17 Janez Brajkovic 1.56
20 Frank Schleck 2.05
26 Xavier Tondo 3.32
29 Levi Leipheimer 3.57
55 Damiano Cunego 16.38
97 Christian Vandevelde 35.12
108 Tony Martin 39.30

Retirements to date : Stage
Andre Greipel (Ger) Team HTC - Columbia 6
Arnaud Gerard (Fra) Francaise Des Jeux 6
Gorka Verdugo (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 6
Jimmy Casper (Fra) Saur-Sojasun 6
Jurgen Roelandts (Bel) Omega Pharma - Lotto 6
Koldo Fernandez (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 6
Mikel Nieve (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 6
Tom Veelers (Ned) Skil-Shimano 6
Yaroslav Popovych (Ukr) Team Radioshack 6
Borut Bozic (Slo) Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team 5
Daniel Moreno Fernandez (Spa) Omega Pharma - Lotto 5
Dennis Van Winden (Ned) Rabobank 5
Francesco Chicchi (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 5
Serge Pauwels (Bel) Team Sky 5
Heinrich Haussler (Ger) Cervelo Testteam 4
Kevin Van Impe (Bel) Quick Step Cycling Team 4
Grega Bole (Slo) Lampre - Farnese 3
Joaquin Novoa Menedez (Spa) Cervelo Testteam 3
Marcel Sieberg (Ger) Team HTC - Columbia 3
Danilo Napolitano (Ita) Katusha 2
Hayden Roulston (NZl) Team HTC - Columbia 2
Simone Ponzi (Ita) Lampre - Farnese 2
Fredrik Kessiakoff (Swe) Garmin - Transitions 1
Gert Steegmans (Bel) Team Radioshack 1
Total retirements : 24

Old March 14th 10, 12:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

Yaroslav Popovych (Ukr) Team Radioshack 6

Popo shut it down. Popo shut it down.

Don't stop, make it pop...

Old March 14th 10, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alberto Contador 25.43.24

29 Levi Leipheimer 3.57
55 Damiano Cunego 16.38

That's just Levi being Levi (and 3.57 back in a March training race is
not horrible). But did Cunego get caught out in a funny way during the
race, or is Mr. "I won the Giro" experiencing some very ugly regression
to the mean?

Or is he clean now?

Old March 14th 10, 12:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 00:16:04 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alberto Contador 25.43.24

29 Levi Leipheimer 3.57
55 Damiano Cunego 16.38

That's just Levi being Levi (and 3.57 back in a March training race is
not horrible).

Yes but normally Leppy is in a good shape at that time of the year, re
the ToC wins !

But did Cunego get caught out in a funny way during the
race, or is Mr. "I won the Giro" experiencing some very ugly regression
to the mean?

Or is he clean now?

He was on the attack with the winner, then he got caught and dropped
like a stone. Based on what I've read/heard/seen it looks like Cunego
could have been one of the "earlier" clean guys but who knows...
Old March 14th 10, 12:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Keith" wrote in message

Yes but normally Leppy is in a good shape at that time of the year, re
the ToC wins !

But the Tour of California occurs at a different time of year now - May 16th
to 23rd.

Old March 14th 10, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
David Padgham

On Mar 13, 7:59*pm, "Tom Kunich" wrote:
"Keith" wrote in message

..

Yes but normally Leppy is in a good shape at that time of the year, re
the ToC wins !

But the Tour of California occurs at a different time of year now - May 16th
to 23rd.

so while Leppy is dominating ToC, most real Pro-Tour level guys will
be putting in the hard yards at the Giro ... I'm about as interested
in Levi as I am Danielson at this point.

Old March 14th 10, 09:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Wilma Munro

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
That's just Levi being Levi (and 3.57 back in a March training race is
not horrible). But did Cunego get caught out in a funny way during the
race, or is Mr. "I won the Giro" experiencing some very ugly regression
to the mean?

He was the last one in the break to be caught after being within 15
seconds of Tondo at one point. I expect when he got caught he decided to
sit up and recover for tomorrow (today) since he was only in it for the
stage win (or the city limit sprint win).

Or is he clean now?

In march.

Old March 14th 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alberto Contador 25.43.24

29 Levi Leipheimer 3.57
55 Damiano Cunego 16.38

That's just Levi being Levi (and 3.57 back in a March training race is
not horrible). But did Cunego get caught out in a funny way during the
race, or is Mr. "I won the Giro" experiencing some very ugly regression
to the mean?

Or is he clean now?

Some of the (unintentionally) funny stuff from the early
LANCE years came out after his relationship with Dr
Orange Juice became public. Guys that would argue that
just because Dr Juice became a millionaire designing
doping programs for cyclists didn't mean he was doing
that for LANCE. He was a very smart guy and he could
have been working with LANCE on entirely legal stuff.

Anyway...

Yeah, maybe Levi and Dr Juice are completely clean now.

Fred Flintstein
Old March 14th 10, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas Fred

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
That's just Levi being Levi (and 3.57 back in a March training race is
not horrible). But did Cunego get caught out in a funny way during the
race, or is Mr. "I won the Giro" experiencing some very ugly regression
to the mean?

Or is he clean now?

If there's one Italian who I believe is clean, it's Pinotti. And
Quinziato. And Cunego.
Old March 18th 10, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark J.

Keith wrote:
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 00:16:04 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alberto Contador 25.43.24
29 Levi Leipheimer 3.57
55 Damiano Cunego 16.38

That's just Levi being Levi (and 3.57 back in a March training race is
not horrible).

Yes but normally Leppy is in a good shape at that time of the year, re
the ToC wins !

Despite their relative importance in the minds of the rest of the world,
I expect ToC was/is far more important to Levi than Paris-Nice, from an
endorsement/domestic visibility point of view. I know that's kinda odd,
but I think that's the way it is.

Mark J.