Tony Kornheiser speaks out on masters fattie proliferation

Old March 18th 10, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
David Padgham

Default Tony Kornheiser speaks out on masters fattie proliferation

"And they all wear...my God...with the little water bottle in the back
and their stupid hats and their shiny shorts, they are the same
disgusting posers that in the middle of a snow storm come out with
cross country skiing on your block. Run them down."

http://www.bostonrunner.com/2010/03/...-run-them.html
Old March 18th 10, 06:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Mar 18, 8:47*am, David Padgham wrote:
"And they all wear...my God...with the little water bottle in the back
and their stupid hats and their shiny shorts, they are the same
disgusting posers that in the middle of a snow storm come out with
cross country skiing on your block. Run them down."

http://www.bostonrunner.com/2010/03/...cyclists-run-t...

"Kornheiser is one of those guys whose ugly side is his only side."

http://www.slate.com/id/2245796/

(The claim of this column is that ESPN likes having
Kornheiser generate controversy by saying nasty things,
so they were hypocritical for suspending him briefly
when he slagged another ESPN broadcaster for her
appearance.)

Ben
Old March 18th 10, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
David Padgham

LANCE has spoken ... http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong/status/10686428515
Old March 18th 10, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steven Bornfeld[_2_]

David Padgham wrote:
"And they all wear...my God...with the little water bottle in the back
and their stupid hats and their shiny shorts, they are the same
disgusting posers that in the middle of a snow storm come out with
cross country skiing on your block. Run them down."

http://www.bostonrunner.com/2010/03/...-run-them.html

"They don't shave their legs".

Old March 19th 10, 03:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
"Kornheiser is one of those guys whose ugly side is his only side."

http://www.slate.com/id/2245796/

(The claim of this column is that ESPN likes having
Kornheiser generate controversy by saying nasty things,
so they were hypocritical for suspending him briefly
when he slagged another ESPN broadcaster for her
appearance.)

Ben

Every so often there used to be requests to contact management
at such-and-such radio station and complain about so-and-so
morning host that was saying nasty things about cyclists. I
would see one every couple of months, either here or some
other cycling forum. The common thread was that all of the
stations were Clear Channel. If I had to make a guess about
the stations it would be that there was a common format and
marketing demographic that they were targeting.

After picking up on the pattern I would follow up to these
things by suggesting that people would be more effective if
they contacted the show's advertisers, since station management
clearly didn't give a ****.

Which is a long winded way of saying that, yeah, I think
Kornheiser is doing what he is being paid to do. We like our
bread and circuses.

Fred Flintstein

PS Erin Andrews will last longer on Dancing With The Stars
than she deserves to, because they so loaded the cast with
unpopular celebrities that people will rush to dump.
Old March 19th 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Fred Flintstein" wrote in message

Every so often there used to be requests to contact management
at such-and-such radio station and complain about so-and-so
morning host that was saying nasty things about cyclists. I
would see one every couple of months, either here or some
other cycling forum. The common thread was that all of the
stations were Clear Channel. If I had to make a guess about
the stations it would be that there was a common format and
marketing demographic that they were targeting.

Today I decided to rest so drove out to Pleasanton to get a cup of coffee.
On the way there and back I probably saw more than 50 cyclists. I think it's
getting popular.