Ping Schwartz

Old April 20th 11, 11:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Default Ping Schwartz

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/boogerd-wins-stars-dancing-on-ice

Does the above mean Boogerd and Bristol will be future favourites ?
Old April 20th 11, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 4/20/2011 5:26 AM, Simply Fred wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/boogerd-wins-stars-dancing-on-ice

Does the above mean Boogerd and Bristol will be future favourites ?

One of the predictors of the American show is that being a
famous athlete is a positive. That comes partly from having
a fan base that will vote for you and partly from having the
ability to cover the physical demands of the competition. So
I would have considered Boogerd a pre-competition favourite
just on that.

I like the idea of putting it on ice. One of the staples of
the American show is the fatty masters that are there for
comic relief. I wouldn't miss the fatty masters. My early
prediction for this season of Dancing With The Stars was for
Kirstie Alley to make the finals on nothing more than fan
support but she is pretty clearly not up to the physical
demands of the show. We'll see how far her fans will take her,
but if she keeps sucking as hard as she has been it won't be
much further.

It's interesting that both shows feature Eastern European pros.

Another predictor for the American show is that pretty girls
are at a disadvantage. I think that is because the audience
is skewed older and female which is a demographic that is
less sympathetic to the super hot contestants. We saw that
last night when Nemcova got the boot even though she was far
from the worst performer. If that follows for the Dutch show
it would work even more to the advantage of a guy like
Boogerd.

At this point I'm bullish on Hines Ward. He's engaging and
understands how to work the camera.

Fred Flintstein
Old April 22nd 11, 10:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Fred Flintstein wrote:
One of the predictors of the American show is that being a
famous athlete is a positive. That comes partly from having
a fan base that will vote for you and partly from having the
ability to cover the physical demands of the competition. So
I would have considered Boogerd a pre-competition favourite
just on that.

But if Donald Trump enters Boogerd will be disqualified on being born in
New Holland instead of Pennsylvania.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2010/10/donald_trump_i_can_dance_better_than_most_dwts_con testants.php