Pointy style Ergopower lever compatabilty

Old October 10th 12, 05:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Eric Goforth

Default Pointy style Ergopower lever compatabilty

Hello,

Years ago I recall seeing something on Campy's website about the cutoff between the pointy style Ergo power levers and shifters and the later style. I seem to recall that earlier Campy rear derailleurs (8 and 9 speed) had a the body angle screw at the back, like most slant parallelogram derailleurs do going back to Sun Tour, and the newer ones had it somewhere else. Am I remembering right? I have earlier pointy style levers, and was thinking about bidding on a derailleur on Ebay.

-Eric
Old October 10th 12, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/9/2012 11:56 PM, Eric Goforth wrote:
Hello,

Years ago I recall seeing something on Campy's website about the cutoff between the pointy style Ergo power levers and shifters and the later style. I seem to recall that earlier Campy rear derailleurs (8 and 9 speed) had a the body angle screw at the back, like most slant parallelogram derailleurs do going back to Sun Tour, and the newer ones had it somewhere else. Am I remembering right? I have earlier pointy style levers, and was thinking about bidding on a derailleur on Ebay.

-Eric

Correct. The later style changers have spring tension
adjuster on the cage pivot. Geometry is very slightly different.
In practice, set up gear wire index with the system in a
middle gear so the small error is similar at top and bottom
of range rather than all on one end.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/