UniCycle SoftWare

Old March 12th 04, 10:56 PM
newtouni

Default UniCycle SoftWare

After reading all this Uni speed stuff, I decided to write a program to
calculate it. I'm taking feedback for mods and reporting errors, etc.
The code was pretty easy, so I'm pretty sure all is well.

I think the user interface is slick and easy to understand, but I would
welcome comments.

Download it free from http://www.ironjungle.com/

Just click on the "IJ Software" link. The price is right ($0)!

While you are there, check out BeerCalc and our other software programs.

--
newtouni
newtouni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5465

Old March 13th 04, 01:50 AM
andrew_carter

Very, very nice work. Thanks for making it available to everyone.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 16/02 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

Old March 13th 04, 02:23 AM
newtouni

andrew_carter wrote:
*Very, very nice work. Thanks for making it available to everyone. *

Thanks for taking a look. It was good fun writing it. Let me know if
you have a suggestion to improve it.

--
newtouni - Self Proclaimed Unicycling Dufus
newtouni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5465

Old March 13th 04, 03:25 AM
john_childs

A foot speed calculation would be interesting. Foot speed is how fast
your feet are moving in a circle. It's calculated based on cadence and
crank length.

Roger does a foot speed calculation in his Excel spreadsheet:
http://www.unicycle.uk.com/cranklength.xls

The theory goes that your maximum foot speed is going to be fairly
constant for different wheels and crank sizes.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old March 13th 04, 04:55 AM
chirokid

Wow, newtouni has brought something new to uni! Great job.
--chirokid--

--
chirokid - Bug Killing Unicyclist

If it is called "Tourist Season", why can't we shoot 'em?
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old March 13th 04, 05:27 AM
bugman

When I try to run it, it asked what I wanted to use to run the program.
Any hints?

--
bugman - Professional Assasin

forget_your_life wrote:
*dude i like your video's and think that your most likely a cool guy
in person but why do you have to be such a jack-ass online? *

Old March 13th 04, 10:03 AM
john_childs

bugman wrote:
*When I try to run it, it asked what I wanted to use to run the
program. Any hints? *

It may be asking you what you want to use to unzip the file. The
download is a ZIP file. It's a compressed container file. You need to
uncompress the ZIP file to get at the contents.

If you don't have a zip utility to uncompress the file then try
'FreeZip' (http://tinyurl.com/anv7).

Old March 13th 04, 07:04 PM
newtouni

john_childs wrote:
*A foot speed calculation would be interesting. Foot speed is how
fast your feet are moving in a circle. It's calculated based on
cadence and crank length. *

Thanks for the suggestion. Since I barely know anything about unis,
this is the type of comment I was looking for.

I'll rev the software and post here when the changes are up at
http://www.ironjungle.com

--
newtouni - Self Proclaimed Unicycling Dufus
newtouni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5465

surfing on a unicycle, tips and tricks... paulie pavlic Unicycling 10 November 15th 03 10:38 PM
NZ Unicycle Weekend GizmoDuck Unicycling 6 November 3rd 03 07:37 AM
New Unicycle types! XWonka Unicycling 16 October 15th 03 08:54 PM
My first unicycle showard Unicycling 1 October 3rd 03 06:20 AM