torque wrench issues

Old May 5th 17, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default torque wrench issues

On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 11:45:38 AM UTC-7, Ian Field wrote:
wrote in message
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 1:16:00 PM UTC-7, Ian Field wrote:
wrote in message
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 12:33:02 PM UTC-7, Ian Field wrote:
wrote in message
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 11:08:19 AM UTC-7, Ian Field wrote:
wrote in message

A pH of 7 is neutral Normal rain is 5.5. It probably won't help
you
but
normal rain is acidic.

So what point were you supposedly trying to make?

Normal rain causes metal to corrode, and mostly due to galvanic
action
around spots of impurities. Potential differences arise and
electrolysis
dissociates metal ions.

Acid rain (as in sulphur pollution) simply does the same thing more
enthusiastically.

If rain was pure distilled water, there would be no galvanic
potentials
and
probably hardly any corrosion - a lot less people would bother
painting
or
plating metals.

What it means is that I'm sick and tired of some ass throwing around
leftist passwords about things that they don't know about.

"Acid rain" occurs every single day in many locations of the world
from
totally natural events such as emissions from volcanoes or
geothermal
outlets. That coal fired power plants also caused it only means that
there
is a learning curve and if you aren't willing to take any chances at
all
you are a idiot.

"leftist passwords" are orders of magnitude better than running off at
totally irrelevant tangent that has nothing whatever to do with what's
being
discussed.

You're quite right Ian. This is after all a bicycling TECH group and
not a
political group. So perhaps I can hold my stupid political
prognostications if you can withhold your insults to everyone else and
tell us about how etymology would have anything whatsoever to do with
the
discussions at hand.

I'm confused - which of the points you raised have anything to do with
politics?

Some of the replies were from people so stupid they're a danger to
themselves and others - you can't just not bother making them aware of
this.

If you knew what etymology was - you could find that galvanic effect
involves electrical potential differences that promote corrosion.

ISTR: it was you that started ranting about leftists.

Does your understanding of the etymology of "galvanic corrosion" tell you
that it has nothing in particular to do with zinc? Does your etymology
tell you that at increased temperatures "pure water" can become acidic
enough to promote galvanic corrosion?

Any lie will do - its so easy to miss quote me - the point I made that you
were too thick to get was; zinc isn't the *ONLY* galvanic protection metal.

My understanding is plenty sufficient to see that I considered the whole
picture, while you pick out narrow examples that help your opinion.

So you were misquoted when I suggested you've been telling everyone that you knew etymology of words and that somehow gives you an increased understanding of physics?
Old May 5th 17, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 12:04:23 PM UTC-7, Ian Field wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 3:32:42 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 3:37:44 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 8:54:59 PM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/3/2017 2:18 PM, Ian Field wrote:

wrote in message
On Tue, 2 May 2017 19:12:39 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"John B Slocomb" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 May 2017 19:49:36 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

a great deal deleted

know of cadmium plating being very dangerous.
You will only weld or braze galvanized steel in a poorly
ventilated
space ONCE unless you are REALLY stupid.

I have never become aware of the dire consequences of welding
zinc
plated
that are being spouted here.

"galvanised" can be plated with *ANY* metal that has a higher
galvanic
affinity than the host metal. Including cadmium and various
other
toxic
heavy metals.

I can only assume that you are not from a country where English
is the
common language as the definition of "galvanized" in the U.S.
(and
likely in other English speaking countries) is, and I quote,
"Covered
with Zinc".

I'm in an English speaking country that's heard of etymology.
You mayb be an etymologist and a Brit, but you have little or no
technical knowlege from what you keep saying.

You kooks are hilarious, but you do get tedious quite quickly.

Feel free to go away.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Yo, Franki-boy, feel free not to read any posts whose senders make you
uncomfortable by not agreeing that you know everything. However, don't
feel free to decide who can come to RBT. You've already been burned
once for that crime (what happened to your dream of being "a spokesman
for bicycles"?), and I'll burn you for it again any time I see you
attack anybody's freedom of speech. We have enough scum in erstwhile
good universities trying to shut up and exclude people for whom they
don't have answers, so we don't need tenth-rate superannuated ******s
like you attempting the same slimy suppression of free speech on RBT..

Andre Jute
I may not agree with Ian Field, but I'll stomp you for denying his
right to be wrong as persistently as he cares to be.

I don't mind his being wrong so much as purposely being so for no other
reason than to be provocative. This isn't free speech - it's starting a
fight. And I for one would give it to him in a second were he not
protected by distance.

I already said earlier that on cadmium Field is just stupid.

I pointed out that cadmium is toxic, if you think that's stupid - good luck
with that...................

Inhalation is the most efficient route for cadmium poisoning, so my comments
about welding cad plated steel were exactly correct. If you think its less
dangerous than zinc - good luck with that...............

There's no immediate effects to warn you of the danger - but just you wait
till the osteoporosis sets in.

Cadmium ingestion is less dangerous - researchers reportedly fed small
amounts of it to laboratory rodents and observed much less toxic effect than
expected - but I still wouldn't bother trying it (this is left as a project
for the student).

The most dangerous source of cadmium is not welding on cadmium plating which would have been ground off anyway in order to get a clean weld.

By far the most dangerous source of cadmium is tobacco. The signs of cadmium poisoning are failing liver and kidney functions which are far more common among smokers than cancer or emphysema. And these usually only show up after a lifetime of smoking around the age of 65 or later.

So why are you attempting to make cadmium plating some source of danger? What in the hell would EVER lead you to tell us that human lives are at risk by simply handling cadmium plated components?
Old May 5th 17, 08:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

Handling cad plate fasteners is different from breathing
burning cad fumes, much as breathing burning zinc fumes is
different from using cosmetics with zinc oxide, handling
metallic mercury is different from breathing organically
reactive mercury compounds, and so on.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 5th 17, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

wrote in message

[...]

I have no recollection of typing that - they appear to be your words.

Old May 5th 17, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

wrote:

[...]

Its a toxic heavy metal, if you're too stupid to handle it correctly - good
luck with that.......................

Old May 5th 17, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

news

wrote:

[...]

Those are the specific points that certain people are only focusing on the
ones that support their opinion.

Old May 6th 17, 08:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

We're always pleased to see you girly-men telling us what is dangerous and not as you get infected with HIV.
Old May 7th 17, 09:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

wrote:

[...]

ISTR: HIV arrived here from the US. Inbred Hillbillies were probably the
only one's not spreading it around.

Old May 8th 17, 08:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

As one of the people that worked on the discovery and identification of
HIV I could tell you anything you need to know.

It was a homosexual disease since it is almost impossible to catch with
any other way than anal intercourse. They didn't know where it was coming
from and AID's symptoms are all over the board so no one was sure if they
were talking about one or a dozen different diseases.

Now I can sit back and watch you show everyone how stupid you are.

There is no doubt that the disease can be passed between heterosexual
partners.

Its possible to catch it from infected blood left laying around - if you're
that unlucky.

Old May 8th 17, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

Ian, please don't look stupid. The disease is almost entirely spread by homosexual sex. The manner in which it is spread is plainly shown in the statistics.

I didn't work in the background on this project. I automated the PCR mechanism itself. I programmed it. Dr. Mullis received a Nobel Prize in Chemistry because I could demonstrate his work.

What is "blood left laying around"? Do you commonly leave blood laying about? The HIV virus rapidly decays with the lost of fluid density. And in any case it would require direct blood to blood contact.

The chances of a heterosexual transference is so long that it probably is only from anal intercourse anyway. People will not speak openly about their sexual practices or at least at that time they wouldn't. Perhaps you have no problems with it.

You speak as a possible victim of this. You cannot use some stupid excuse other than your own sexual contacts and in that case they were not heterosexual since I don't remember a single case of woman to man transference.

torque wrench issues Andrew Chaplin Techniques 46 April 27th 17 02:55 PM
TORQUE WRENCH ? kolldata Techniques 3 June 22nd 11 04:04 AM
Torque Wrench Use Graham Sharman Techniques 11 July 3rd 07 11:04 PM