Where to static hop from?

Old July 22nd 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Default Where to static hop from?

padst3r wrote:
yes because you will need space to jump with more sideways momentum as
the height increases.

Not always.

Anyways, start close, have fun with it, and keep going further backto
see how far you can go and still make it.

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for christ.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~team dirty
bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~')-2xlegwrap-o'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doz4jbiigy)
check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
~jerrick-
Old July 22nd 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wheel-addict

Even though I have almost no height in my hop currently (I'm still a
relative newbie to uni), I would have to agree with Jerrick purely from
a physics point of view: theoretically, "sideways momemtum" can in no
way help you go higher. If you are trying to jump across a big gap,
then the optimal direction to launch is 45 degrees. If you are just
trying to go as high as possible, then any sideways movement is just
wasted energy: 90 degrees will get the most height.

Of course, this is all just from a highly simplified model of how the
body's physics works when jumping. Perhaps issues of coordination
start to come into play as the ledge gets higher and thus it is easier
to go back a bit further?

--
wheel-addict
Old July 22nd 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
_Ground_Zero_

3-5 no prehop 6 or 7 with prehop is what I'd do

--
_Ground_Zero_

-Zero
Old July 22nd 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
padst3r

wheel-addict wrote:
purely from a physics point of view: theoretically, "sideways momemtum"
can in no way help you go higher

Yeah i realise that but the sideways momentum is needed to get you over
the edge of the pallet/object.

--
padst3r

Harry Potter uses a Nimbus and he is the best magician of all time.

Proud member of the 'Team Nelson Unicyclists'
(http://www.teamnelsonuni.co.nr)
'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/padst3r)
*)---', 6ft Static Gap

Where to static hop from? hungry4uni Unicycling 0 July 21st 08 08:53 PM
Where to static hop from? manon1wheel Unicycling 2 July 21st 08 08:53 PM
Where to static hop from? forrestunifreak Unicycling 0 July 21st 08 08:51 PM
Static SIF hops Erant Unicycling 27 December 6th 05 11:07 AM
Static SIF gaps pete66 Unicycling 9 December 5th 05 01:33 PM