Grocery capacity

Old December 19th 05, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Grocery capacity

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
The Nashbar wicker basket works to finally let you move one of your
gallon jugs from the rear carrier to the front of the bike (along
with six canned veggies), balancing things out a little better
and leaving you yet more room for stuff on sale (unlike panniers,
it doesn't crush milk jugs)

http://home.att.net/~rhhardin2/bikebackupc.jpg

making my backup bike actually a better errand bike than my primary
Huffy.

It's a fairly sturdy basket and mounting but I don't think more than
around 15 pounds is a great idea for it.

(A basket would block two of my 4 EL-500's on the handlebars, on
the primary bike. The backup bike uses two HL-1500's at night,
and they're safely up on space bars.)

The wicker basket also blocks cold crotch-numbing winter wind.

I suppose I ought to find the page...hmm

It seems to be gone. The product code was NA-TFB $29.99

Never mind.
--
Ron Hardin

Not bad at all. I tend to lean towards the Wald metal baskets myself.
here is my shopping bike:
http://tinypic.com/ivy5cp.jpg
I went for the big basket as I always seem to have something that dowsn't
fit well in the rear baskets.
Those are the Wald folding baskets on the rear too. Unfortunately most
stores don't have the classic paper bags anymore that fit these baskets just
right.

Old December 19th 05, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Bah, it's all about Wald folding wire baskets. :P

http://lexcobike.thomasnet.com/item/...s&assetid=spec

Old December 20th 05, 01:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Ron Hardin wrote in news:43A6DFBC.5920
@mindspring.com:

The Nashbar wicker basket works to finally let you move one of your
gallon jugs from the rear carrier to the front of the bike

You know, it's a law in some jurisdictions that every wicker basket needs a
white plastic daisy. Better check your municipal traffic regs.

--ag
Old December 20th 05, 03:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

In article ,
Ron Hardin writes:

The Nashbar wicker basket works to finally let you move one of your
gallon jugs from the rear carrier to the front of the bike (along
with six canned veggies), balancing things out a little better
and leaving you yet more room for stuff on sale (unlike panniers,
it doesn't crush milk jugs)

How are they for transporting pizzas (which have to lie flat)?

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old December 20th 05, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Ever heard of delivery? The whole idea of transporting a hot
airfoil/pizza by bicycle makes me shiver. With my luck a gust of wind
would blow it out of the box and onto my face and then I'd have to
endure years of pepperoni removing surgery. [shivers]

Fortunately, I have a nice pizzeria fifty feet or so from the front
gate.

Walking will have to do.

Old December 20th 05, 05:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

http://www.bikesatwork.com/

Old December 20th 05, 07:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Tom Keats wrote:

In article ,
Ron Hardin writes:

The Nashbar wicker basket works to finally let you move one of your
gallon jugs from the rear carrier to the front of the bike (along
with six canned veggies), balancing things out a little better
and leaving you yet more room for stuff on sale (unlike panniers,
it doesn't crush milk jugs)

How are they for transporting pizzas (which have to lie flat)?

Not enough bottom area. It's more than a gallon jug needs (but
not enough for two gallon jugs). A gallon jug and about 3 canned
vegetables exhaust the space, albeit not efficiently. Of course you
can stack the vegetables and get more in ; more than you really want,
weightwise, at some point.

My desire was to get rid of one of the gallon jugs from the back
and leave room for other stuff on those days when two gallon jugs
were called for ; without crushing the gallon jug in some pannier.

--
Ron Hardin

Old December 20th 05, 03:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"maxo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ever heard of delivery? The whole idea of transporting a hot
airfoil/pizza by bicycle makes me shiver.

One day I ordered pizza for a party and was surprise to see the delivery guy
cycle up with his burley trailer full of pizza. What made him even happier
was he had two deliveries in that trailer, and the other was just across the
street. And yes, the pizza was hot.

Total Capacity David James Techniques 2 September 12th 05 06:45 PM
Rohloff for road? [email protected] Techniques 55 September 7th 05 07:36 PM
Where to Buy Grocery Bag Online in Europe? Elisa Francesca Roselli General 4 May 14th 05 11:07 PM
Where to Buy Grocery Bag Online in Europe? Elisa Francesca Roselli UK 4 May 14th 05 11:07 PM
rear der sprocket capacity David Nutter UK 8 September 13th 03 02:42 AM