new cycling technology

Old December 19th 06, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
G.fried

Default new cycling technology

Hello,

we are investigating a new type of bicycle technology and are currently
collecting the requirements. The project hyperbike is a feasibility
study contracted by the Austrian ministry for transport, technology and
innovation. We invite you to help us to help you.
We would appreciate very much if you could fill in our on-line
questionnaire at
http://www.hyperbike.cc/Vorlage.phtml?id=716&sprache=en
After answering tips about cycling are displayed.

many thanks for your time

best regards

Gerfried
Old December 19th 06, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

G.fried wrote on 19/12/2006 22:18 +0100:
Hello,

we are investigating a new type of bicycle technology and are currently
collecting the requirements. The project hyperbike is a feasibility
study contracted by the Austrian ministry for transport, technology and
innovation. We invite you to help us to help you.
We would appreciate very much if you could fill in our on-line
questionnaire at
http://www.hyperbike.cc/Vorlage.phtml?id=716&sprache=en
After answering tips about cycling are displayed.

Doesn't seem to ask any questions relevant to my cycling

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Old December 19th 06, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Don Whybrow

G.fried wrote:
Hello,

we are investigating a new type of bicycle technology and are currently
collecting the requirements. The project hyperbike is a feasibility
study contracted by the Austrian ministry for transport, technology and
innovation. We invite you to help us to help you.
We would appreciate very much if you could fill in our on-line
questionnaire at
http://www.hyperbike.cc/Vorlage.phtml?id=716&sprache=en
After answering tips about cycling are displayed.

Sorry mate, it doesn't ask all the right questions, has incomplete
answer options and has inaccurate legal content.

Oh and BTW electric assist is hardly a new technology.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

After things go from bad to worse, the cycle will repeat itself.
Old December 20th 06, 07:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
G.fried

Don Whybrow schrieb:
G.fried wrote:
Hello,

we are investigating a new type of bicycle technology and are
currently collecting the requirements. The project hyperbike is a
feasibility study contracted by the Austrian ministry for transport,
technology and innovation. We invite you to help us to help you.
We would appreciate very much if you could fill in our on-line
questionnaire at
http://www.hyperbike.cc/Vorlage.phtml?id=716&sprache=en
After answering tips about cycling are displayed.

Sorry mate, it doesn't ask all the right questions, has incomplete
answer options and has inaccurate legal content.

could you please give some hints?

Oh and BTW electric assist is hardly a new technology.

ok, we know ;-)

many thanks

Gerfried
Old December 20th 06, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

G.fried wrote on 20/12/2006 07:29 +0100:
Don Whybrow schrieb:

Sorry mate, it doesn't ask all the right questions, has incomplete
answer options and has inaccurate legal content.

could you please give some hints?

What is the most embarrassing fact for you when riding a bicycle?
Contamination of cloths (chain grease, rain & dirt)
Difficulties to change gears
Failing electric lights (on cable or batteries)
Restricted luggage capacity / ability to transport children
Uncomfortable seat / saddle dents
Risk of sweating
Uncomfortable riding / shock and vibrations
Instability / risk of falling
Other

You forgot the "none of the above" option. I do not find riding a
bicycle embarrassing at all, let alone finding a most _and_ second most
embarrassing aspect.

Old December 20th 06, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
dkahn400

Tony Raven wrote:
G.fried wrote on 20/12/2006 07:29 +0100:
could you please give some hints?

You forgot the "none of the above" option. I do not find riding a
bicycle embarrassing at all, let alone finding a most _and_ second most
embarrassing aspect.

I found the questionnaire impossible to answer too. I suspect it's
because English is not the first language of its author.

--
Dave...

Old December 20th 06, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Thompson

We would appreciate very much if you could fill in our on-line
questionnaire at
http://www.hyperbike.cc/Vorlage.phtml?id=716&sprache=en

"What do you see as the biggest advantage of electric propulsion?
-Emission free
-Silent
-Inexpensive energy
-Good driveability
-Other

Hmm, if I'm comparing it to pedal cycling, guess I'd best go with
'Other'

However, much of the questionnaire assumed that I either rode an electric
bike, or wanted to ride one, so I'm not sure that the answers you get will
be helpful.
Old December 20th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Hi,

G.fried wrote:
could you please give some hints?

I can't answer most of the questions, either. The premis seems to be
that unassisted cycling is a bad thing and that electric assistance is
the answer. I would expect that many contributors to this group would
feel, like me, that it's the question that needs to be identified, not
the answer...

If you can come up with some way of adding electric assistance to a
bicycle without increasing overall weight, then it seems likely you
could remove it and end up with a lighter bicycle... there's a market
for those... Otherwise, you will have a heavier machine with extra
power... ie a moped, and if what you are building is a motorcycle or
moped with an electric motor, not a bicycle with "assistance", then
maybe it would help to formulate the questions from that standpoint.
Personally, I think it's more likely that a good electric
moped/motorcycle would succeed than an "electric bicycle"... though
IMHO the technology still isn't quite up to the job- I'd like to be
proven wrong, though.

Cheers,
W.

Old December 20th 06, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

wrote on 20/12/2006 10:46 +0100:

IMHO the technology still isn't quite up to the job- I'd like to be
proven wrong, though.

Although it would be interesting to find out what Tesla technology could
do for a bicycle:
http://www.teslamotors.com

Old December 20th 06, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick Kew

On 20 Dec 2006 09:57:44 GMT
Mark Thompson
pleasegivegenerously@warmmail*_turn_up_the_heat_t o_reply*.com wrote:

"What do you see as the biggest advantage of electric propulsion?
-Emission free
-Silent
-Inexpensive energy
-Good driveability
-Other

Hmm, if I'm comparing it to pedal cycling, guess I'd best go with
'Other'

You misspelt "None".

However, much of the questionnaire assumed that I either rode an
electric bike, or wanted to ride one, so I'm not sure that the
answers you get will be helpful.

Gewiss.

--
not me guv