how did you get into unicycling?

Old July 21st 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rookie rider

Default how did you get into unicycling?

everyone post how they got into unicycles. i will start first

i had a freind that learned to juggle. he kept teasing me because i
could not do anything cool like that. so i started researching
juggling, stillts, and what not. then i had never thought about
unicycling. i came across unicycle.com and for about a month saved up
for a unicycle. i then bought a unicycle. basicly i got into it to show
my friend that i can do cool stuff but ones i started learning i forgot
about it and now i ride because i love to ride! (but every time my
friend sees me ride he gets all mad because he cant do it.)

--
rookie rider

i lost my other wheel in the war
Old July 21st 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kilian

my friend and i were doing weird/unique stuff we rode wave
boards/ripstiks or whatever but then we couldnt ollie so we couldnt do
anything cool and we switched to unicycling cause there are so many
more possibilitys

--
Kilian

*To Do:* Idle, Backwards, Rolling hops, Side hops, 1 foot riding, Kickup
Mount, 180 Unispin Mount, SIF, Riding Down Stairs, Drops

Tyler_N wrote:
What im saying is if you were to be hit by a circle it wouldn't stab you
like a triangle would.

Old July 21st 08, 07:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

I did Bike trial and motorcycle trials in the past. A friends who
attended the Bike Trials World Championship in Japan, visited schools
and learned about unicycling benefits. Then he bought one and bring to
Brazil. One year later he started to ride trials on his unicycle. I saw
Kris Holm on New World Disorder. 2 months later a guy started to make
unicycles, and he made a 16' for me (It was in 2001).

I'm riding since 15 November 2001! But I was training BIke Trials more
than Unicycling.

In september of 2007 I bought my K1 uni and I really started to ride!

--
pedrotejada

*BUT*

Brazilian Unicycling Team
Old July 21st 08, 09:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

I learnt in a lunchtime club at school, from a math teacher.

--
kington99

Dave

Old July 21st 08, 11:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kypa

A friend of mine bought a unicycle, about three years. One afternoon he
told me: " Are we going to play guitars or stay here ridin the
unicycle? We went down stairs with beer and hemp and we start to learn.
About 4 hours later, three beers and two or three joints we start to
pedal.
Step by step, we ride a little more every day.

--
kypa
Old July 21st 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
prisoner_of_war

Well, about three years ago, I was watching this talent show, (I can't
remember the name of the show) and it showed these guys doing trial
uni, and it was soooo awesome, I just had get one that year. So I got
one for Christmas!! It's been fun ever since.

--
prisoner_of_war

I ride for Christ

'PLAY THE BANNING GAME!' (http://tinyurl.com/6aly93)
Neighbor-Where's your other wheel, were your parents too cheap to get
you one?
Old July 21st 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tak

A few years ago, Shapr posted a muni photo in a programming channel I
frequented; that was my first wakeup that unicycles were actually
available (and being ridden) for things other than circuses and
parades. At the time, I thought, "Hey, mountain unicycling, that's
pretty damn cool," and then promptly forgot about it.

More recently, my wife and I were considering acquiring bicycles
(neither of us has had one for a few years) as an alternative means of
recreation, exercise, and just casually roaming around town. I
remembered my reaction to Shapr's muni pics and said, "Screw this! I
want a unicycle!"

--
Tak
Old July 21st 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

'What inspired you.' (http://tinyurl.com/463nu)

'How did you get started?'

harper

-Greg Harper

"In general, I'd like everyone to just stop treating one another like
crap. I see it every day. It sucks." - SqueakyOnion
Old July 21st 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

I saw something on TV (Disney channel I think) about someone who went
around teaching kids to juggle and unicycle. It looked cool so I went
on youtube and saw that "trials love 99". A minute later me and my
friend were searching for trials unicycles

--
1-wheeled-grape

Scott,

Getting ready for the summer holidays!
Old July 21st 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

For me it was just something that looked like a fun challenge, so I got
my first uni back about 1966 () and learned pretty quickly. I was
able to ride down stairs, spin in a tight circle, pick up small
objects, ride backwards and one-footed.

I took it about as far as the ancient technology of some 40 some odd
years ago allowed, but finally quit riding around '68. I don't remember
the brand of my first uni-it's in my "vintage" uni vid though. Also had
a schwinn 20" and 24" back then. Funny how after all those decades
without any riding, I was able to get right back on again at age 50,
like I'd never quit!

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)

new to unicycling hansc Unicycling 1 May 13th 08 07:48 AM
unicycling on ice leo Unicycling 0 November 14th 06 01:36 AM
No Unicycling? tdwps2 Unicycling 14 May 9th 06 06:11 PM
New to Unicycling podzol Unicycling 0 January 10th 06 12:15 PM
SE unicycling Eublapharis13 Unicycling 5 November 23rd 03 04:03 AM