running 42mm bearings in a 40mm frame-for MUNI

Old July 22nd 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

Default running 42mm bearings in a 40mm frame-for MUNI

http://tinyurl.com/67uzhs

Post 38, he doesn't have them yet, but is getting some I think.

I'm sure it's something anyone can do. Pick up the phone and tell the
bearing Co to whip you up a batch of some odd sized thing.

I am curious what the start up cost on something like that would be. I
mean, maybe to get them for 5 $ each, you might have to buy 10, 000 of
them, because if you ordered only 1000, they might charge 50 $ each.
Someone has to pay for the custom made dies for the bearing shells.

KH is the perfect candidate to perform this public service. I think
there is a good chance KH will lose money on the bearings (never sell
enough to recoup production start up costs ). But hopefully sell
enough extra hubs for it to be profitable.

--
feel the light