Garmin Edge 305 HC

Old June 17th 07, 05:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bob Chambers[_2_]

Default Garmin Edge 305 HC

Seeking Comments on this cycling computer/GPS
--
Bob C

Old June 17th 07, 06:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Michael Warner[_2_]

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:30:36 +1000, Bob Chambers wrote:

Seeking Comments on this cycling computer/GPS

Really? I feel so much more motivated to offer help and advice to
people who don't waste precious bandwidth on superfluous words
like "hello", "please" and "thanks".

Old June 17th 07, 07:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_135_]

Google kthnxbye

--
gplama

Old June 17th 07, 10:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Friday

Bob Chambers wrote:
Seeking Comments on this cycling computer/GPS

I use one all the time, for mountain bike riding, canoing and road
riding and occasionally for running on bush tracks. It's no good for
navigating from as it only shows one track at a time, you have to know
where you're going in advance. It is rock solid as far as getting
satellite signals and also pulse rate signals. It is very accurate,
within a meter or two. I took a while to understand the way the
functions are set out, it's not very intuitive (read the manual). The
software isn't great, but there are some third party programs you can
use to get around that. I really really like that you can "race" against
one of your previous rides, it really is like having a virtual race
partner. The initial cost seems expensive but I bought some extra mounts
(very expensive) and swap it between my various bikes and canoes. Now it
is one my most used toys, (along with my MP3 player.)

Friday
Old June 18th 07, 01:35 PM posted to aus.bicycle
ProfTournesol[_24_]

Bob Chambers Wrote:
Seeking Comments on this cycling computer/GPS
--
Bob C

love it, best bike computer I've bought. You can configure it with up
to six data streams in any order or position that you like. It's
accurate, although I always take the calorie counters with a grain of
salt. It acquires a GPS fix in a fraction of the time that my Navman
car system takes to do the same job. There's a backup wheel and cadence
sensor that in combined into one small package on the chainstay. The
only negatives are that the battery only lasts about 8 hours at a time
(rechargeable on the computer via USB) and the mount on the stem is
rather perfunctory and that you have to manually turn on the trip
recording at the start of a trip and I sometimes forget. The Google
Earth moving rout display is a lot of fun:-)
If you have a Mac, you can make it even better by skipping the Garmin
Training Centre and using a programme called Ascent.

--
ProfTournesol