Froome!

Old February 16th 13, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael[_10_]

Default Froome!

Watch out for Froome Dog this year.
Old February 16th 13, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On 16/02/2013 17:52, Michael wrote:
Watch out for Froome Dog this year.

TOUR OF OMAN GC

1 Christopher Froome (GBr) 23:28:33
2 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) 0:00:27
3 Cadel Evans (Aus) 0:00:39
4 Joaquim Rodriguez Oliver (Spa) 0:00:50
5 Rinaldo Nocentini (Ita) AG2R 0:01:13
6 Johann Tschopp (Swi)
7 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) 0:01:19
8 Kenny Elissonde (Fra) 0:01:34
9 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) 0:01:44
10 Maxime Bouet (Fra) 0:01:57
11 Daryl Impey (RSA) 0:02:01
12 Zdenek Stybar (Cze) 0:02:08

Yeah, the boy done good, nobody is missing from that roster except
Valverde. An item of interest is the presence of Zdenek Stybar at 12.
This guy knows how to ride a bike that's for sure and he should have
room to improve.
Old February 17th 13, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mower Man

On 16/02/2013 10:50 PM, atriage wrote:
On 16/02/2013 17:52, Michael wrote:
Watch out for Froome Dog this year.

TOUR OF OMAN GC

1 Christopher Froome (GBr) 23:28:33
2 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) 0:00:27
3 Cadel Evans (Aus) 0:00:39
4 Joaquim Rodriguez Oliver (Spa) 0:00:50
5 Rinaldo Nocentini (Ita) AG2R 0:01:13
6 Johann Tschopp (Swi)
7 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) 0:01:19
8 Kenny Elissonde (Fra) 0:01:34
9 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) 0:01:44
10 Maxime Bouet (Fra) 0:01:57
11 Daryl Impey (RSA) 0:02:01
12 Zdenek Stybar (Cze) 0:02:08

Yeah, the boy done good, nobody is missing from that roster except
Valverde. An item of interest is the presence of Zdenek Stybar at 12.
This guy knows how to ride a bike that's for sure and he should have
room to improve.

Cadel did bloody well here too. I'm surprised he held off Purito.

--
Chris

'Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it
every six months.'

(Oscar Wilde.)
Old February 17th 13, 10:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On 16/02/2013 23:41, Mower Man wrote:
[...]

Oh yes that's right, for some reason I appear to have mentally written
Cadel off for this season, possibly somewhat prematurely.
Old February 18th 13, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 2/17/2013 3:54 AM, atriage wrote:
[...]

Geez and here I thought it was just a training race.

Old February 18th 13, 04:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On 18/02/2013 14:52, Fred Flintstein wrote:
[...]

This clip of three of the best climbers in the world trying to be
sprinters should put paid to that notion. The bike 'throws' are fairly
amusing.
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13...r-of-Oman.aspx

Old February 18th 13, 05:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
thirty-six

On Feb 18, 3:37*pm, atriage wrote:
[...]

amusing.http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13...s-of-stage-fiv...

Professional bike riding has always been a performance in both
senses. It is meant to amuse, that is its purpose. Froome acts well
and is expected to take the lead role for the end of season
festivities.