Bunch ride

Old June 16th 04, 08:31 AM
jazmo

Default Bunch ride

flyingdutch wrote:
Ooh. do tell. you OK?

Dutchy, check out my new topic
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t131483.htm

-

Old June 19th 04, 11:00 AM
tonykara

Daveb wrote:
tonykara wrote:
flyingdutch wrote:
I can head over your way this Sunday Which route do you take? not
that familiar with out that way. could be an adventure Anyone else
up for this? Howabout starting up a Melb chapter forum ride??

How about 7:15AM Sunday 20 June, Corner Maningham & Thompsons Road
Bulleen? We will head up Mannigham Rd- Doncaster Road-Old Warrandyte
Rd- cross the river-head to Main Road (Kangaroo Ground)-Panton Hill-
Main Rd to Heidelberg-Ivanhoe- Belmore Rd-Elgar Rd-Manningham Rd

I'll be there, I've gotta luv that starting point, I'll be able to leave
home at 7:13am. Meet on that bit of nature reserve on the north-west of
the intersection.
DaveB

Dave

due to the crap forecast do we still meet tomorrow morning?

Old June 19th 04, 11:15 AM
hippy

tonykara wrote:
due to the crap forecast do we still meet tomorrow morning?

BOM says:

Tonight and Sunday Squally showers with local hail and thunder tonight.
Partly cloudy tomorrow with further showers and a moderate to fresh west
to southwesterly wind. Min 7 Max 14

Meh.. it's only showers tomorrow

dutchy - didja still do your ride? I gave my long ride a miss. It was
a nice morning but around midday the heavens opened... I was busy
inside anyway.

hippy

Old June 19th 04, 11:18 AM
DaveB

--

I'm still up for it, although might want to adjust the distance
depending on the weather (and whether I'm likely to have a heart attack

DaveB

Old June 20th 04, 12:29 PM
flyingdutch

hippy wrote:
dutchy - didja still do your ride? I gave my long ride a miss.

wish i were as wise as you;

"Wont be that bad!" Im convincing myself. House full of snivelling
coughing people. must bail. Besides that's a thumpin North-westerly
BOM says..

Sure enough, cruising down to Mordy with a very nice (if no
wild/squally) tailwind. Gee, aint ridin a bike grand:

Oh wait. wind has suddenly swung around to a howling Westerly. fightin
to keep bike upright. grovelling along at about 22kph. partial respit
thru Olivers Hill/Mt Eliza then coming down hill on Sth side to Freewa
crossover the wind is so strong Im crawling DOWNHILL at 25kph when
would normally do 60kph down he mad: that stretch west to bottom o
whites rd was simply the WORST cycling experience EVER!!! if i had ha
deep section wheels on i would have taken off. actually had the weir
feeling of a tailwind going uphill. Nothing like that hot shower t
reacquaint with one's toes and stop the nose dripping. Red wine and ope
fireplace never felt sooooo goooood:

This morning in comparison was just a lovely ride! met some new mornin
nomads and was introduced to a great ride. Thanks tony and Dave;

-

Old June 20th 04, 10:30 PM
flyingdutch

and we even saw kangaroos in Kangaroo Grounds!

and Im betting someone doesnt tell of the bonking to their nutritionist
girlfriend

Old June 20th 04, 11:07 PM
DaveB

flyingdutch wrote:
and we even saw kangaroos in Kangaroo Grounds!

and Im betting someone doesnt tell of the bonking to their
nutritionist girlfriend

Maybe you better clarify for Tony's sake that you meant bonking in the
sporting sense and not int he shenanigans sense (just in case Tony's
girlfriend is keeping an eye on him in here). Personally I was grateful
for the bonking, otherwise you guys would have left me on the first hill
(knew I was in trouble with a heart rate of 170 5 mins into the ride).

DaveB

Old June 21st 04, 12:00 AM
flyingdutch

Daveb wrote:
Maybe you better clarify for Tony's sake that you meant bonking in the
sporting sense and not int he shenanigans sense (just in case Tony's
girlfriend is keeping an eye on him in here

Er, quite

my mind doesnt tend to wander to such things until at least 9am!

get that 39T and you'll be right

i think watching my heartrate sends my bpm up higher another 10!!

Old June 22nd 04, 12:15 AM
tonykara

flyingdutch wrote:
Er, quite
my mind doesnt tend to wander to such things until at least 9am!
get that 39T and you'll be right
i think watching my heartrate sends my bpm up higher another 10!!

im glad it was clarified cos up until today i thought bonking only
refered to something people do when they love eachother . you would
think that one would learn that no dinner the night before and no
breakfast can only mean one thing......nausia..... apart from that the
ride was good, cheers boys.

Old June 22nd 04, 02:15 AM
flyingdutch

No ridees last night or today (or probably tomorrow)

Damn spawn have finally passed on their damn lurgy to me. Curse you, disease-spreading-education-
system

JJJ