Cramps

Old July 1st 04, 05:02 PM
DRS

Default Cramps

"DRS" wrote in message

[...]

Causes of cramps:

Inadequate potassium -Gatorade or similar

Bugger it, for potassium eat a banana.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old July 1st 04, 11:45 PM
SteveDel

Drs wrote:
"DRS" wrote in message
:cc1a06$ib1$1 @lust.ihug.co.nz
[...]
Causes of cramps:
Inadequate potassium -Gatorade or similar

Bugger it, for potassium eat a banana.
--
A: Top-posters.
B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

I am lead to believe that it is Magnesium and calcium deficiencies which
are the underlying causes of cramping, in addition to fluids and general
salts replaced by gatorade et al.

I have an ongoing problem, with thigh / upper leg cramps, kept at bay
with a twice daily dose of Bio-magnesium (which contains calcium).

This by the way is a recognised treatment used to help women suffering
from general cramping during pregnancy.

If the stretching and fluids thing doesn't work, as it didn't for me,
(physio included) give this a try. It's working for me.

stevedel

I ride to work, to work to ride.

Old July 2nd 04, 01:45 AM
ritcho

Fraser Johnston wrote:
[snip]
Is there a better way to relieve the strain?

Steve, Cronulla

Cramping can be a sign you don't have enough potassium in your system.
Fraser

It's also a sign that your cleats are too far forward. If you're wearing
street shoes, its a sign that you need to get cycling shoes (they have
stiffer soles).

On balance, if you've just started riding, it's probably more to do with
bike position than nutrition. (Like I said - probably).

Ritch

Old July 2nd 04, 03:13 PM
DRS

"SteveDel" wrote in message

[...]

I am lead to believe that it is Magnesium and calcium deficiencies
which are the underlying causes of cramping, in addition to fluids
and general salts replaced by gatorade et al.

Cramps have a number of causes. If it were otherwise they'd be a lot easier
to prevent or treat.

--

A: Top-posters.

Cramps Mike McGuire General 25 August 23rd 04 09:08 AM
How to avoid lower leg cramps? Rod General 15 October 30th 03 08:32 PM
Killer leg cramps hours after a ride Keith Boone General 24 September 4th 03 03:57 PM
cramps Doug Huffman General 3 July 29th 03 04:16 AM