MTB rent & ride along Rt 80?

Old March 9th 06, 11:00 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default MTB rent & ride along Rt 80?

I'm flying out to Frisco (mid April) and driving a U haul back to Boston.
Without
straying too far (30 minutes) from the highway, where could I rent a bike
and get in an intermediate ride? Remember now, I'm a sea level rider ;-)
--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

Old March 9th 06, 11:15 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

D T W .../\... wrote:
I'm flying out to Frisco (mid April) and driving a U haul back to Boston.
Without
straying too far (30 minutes) from the highway, where could I rent a bike
and get in an intermediate ride? Remember now, I'm a sea level rider ;-)

Get your kicks on Route 66!

Are you nuts! You have the whole country at your disposal for the ride
home. If I did that, it would take me months to get home because
everyday would be a ride.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old March 9th 06, 11:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

I'm flying out to Frisco (mid April) and driving a U haul back to Boston.
Without straying too far (30 minutes) from the highway, where could I
rent a bike and get in an intermediate ride? Remember now, I'm a
sea level rider ;-)

You mean Interstate 80? Never heard it called Route 80 before...

Assuming that's what you mean, all the parts of it I know (west end
of Utah, Wyo) will be non-thawed by mid-April.

Park City would be just the ticket, but the ski area probably won't
even be closed by then. Happy Jack between Laramie and Cheyenne
would be a possible, though I'm not sure where you'd rent the bike.
And it will be either still an XC Ski area in mid-April, or a mudball.

Nevada? (the only western state I have yet to visit)

Old March 9th 06, 11:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"D T W .../\..." wrote in message
I'm flying out to Frisco (mid April)

What state? Texas? Or Colorado? Do they even have an airport in Frisco,
CO?

Greg

Old March 9th 06, 11:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

G.T. wrote:
"D T W .../\..." wrote in message
I'm flying out to Frisco (mid April)

What state? Texas? Or Colorado? Do they even have an airport in Frisco,
CO?

Greg

Isn't Breckenridge at or near Frisco? They have a private airport.
Besides that would be Route 70.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old March 10th 06, 12:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
G.T. wrote:
"D T W .../\..." wrote in message
I'm flying out to Frisco (mid April)

What state? Texas? Or Colorado? Do they even have an airport in

Frisco,
CO?

Greg

Isn't Breckenridge at or near Frisco? They have a private airport.
Besides that would be Route 70.

Hell, I don't know what highways are where or what Friscos have airports.
Actually, it looks like there is a US Route 80 in Frisco, TX.

Greg

Old March 10th 06, 02:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

There's a Frisco on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Great windsurfing
town, but the biking sucks.
AND, they have an airport of sorts !

Old March 10th 06, 02:04 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Tom Purvis wrote:
opie wrote:
I'm flying out to Frisco (mid April) and driving a U haul back to Boston.
Without straying too far (30 minutes) from the highway, where could I
rent a bike and get in an intermediate ride? Remember now, I'm a
sea level rider ;-)

Frisco is on I-70 in Summit County, Colorado. It sounds lie you need
to get busy with Google and do some research.

Nevada? (the only western state I have yet to visit)

That's 'cos they don't allow 29ers there.

JD

Old March 10th 06, 02:39 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"G.T." wrote in message
"D T W .../\..." wrote in message
I'm flying out to Frisco (mid April)

What state? Texas? Or Colorado? Do they even have an airport in Frisco,
CO?

Greg

and there is a Frisco in:

Alabama
Idaho
Illinois
Louisiana
Missouri
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old March 10th 06, 05:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Once you're east of the continental divide, it'll all be downhill to the
Mississippi !