BROL a study in hypocrisy and corruption

Old April 27th 05, 11:59 PM
Ed Gin

Default BROL a study in hypocrisy and corruption

For those who follow BROL and their ideals, a primary objective as of
late is the elimination of any references to Monkey Island specifically
as they claim the site's posts posed a disastrous effect on their little
niche of a community.

Just yesterday, SJ the owner of the now defunct Monkey Island site
stipulated he has the weblogs to prove the source of the vile posts from
the isle.

Apparantly upstanding members of the recumbent community AND
manufacturers were the responsible parties!

BROL, it's members, siteowner Bryan Ball, and it's manufacturers /
advertisers need look no further than themselves for their source of
anguish and concern.

This occurance adds to the string of corruption within BROL's own ranks
as they fail to acknowledge their own faults and continue to point the
finger elsewhere. Their policy of banning, editing, and deleting
posts is ludricous.

The below material was onsite for 4 hours prior to removal.
Interestingly, BROL left the rest of the post intact. See it at their
forums under HPV racing, last page of RAMM revisited thread.

Clearly a case of censorship, fear, and denial of facts presented,
BROL is a fine example of hypocrisy.

Ed Gin

Below is the portion excised:

I have the weblogs to prove it. The worshipful 'bent masses would be
VERY surprised to see which "leading and upstanding" members of the
recumbent community --including manufacturers -- were among the most
vile posters on Monkey Island -- may it rest in peace.

Old April 28th 05, 12:22 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:59:45 GMT, Ed Gin wrote:

For those who follow BROL and their ideals, a primary objective as of
late is the elimination of any references to Monkey Island specifically
as they claim the site's posts posed a disastrous effect on their little
niche of a community.

Here is a full and exhaustive list of all those who ca

That is all.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound
Old April 28th 05, 04:45 PM
Maggie

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Here is a full and exhaustive list of all those who ca

Good one.

Maggie

Old April 28th 05, 05:19 PM

HEAD Gin,

Yeah, like freedom of speech existed on Monkey Island? Bull****! On
several occasions, you boasted how I was banned and could no longer
post. It appeared that way because MadRatorMan (read Ed-Monkey Island
forum moderator-Gin) deleted every post I made no matter how innocuous.
Why? Because I made it and that was more than reason enough. How
telling. You castigate BROL and refer to the policy of banning and
deleting of posts as ludicrous. Have you forgotten that this is
precisely what you did in your capacity as Monkey Island's forum
moderator? What's ludicrous is that you only consider this to be
ludicrous when you're the "victim". I guess it's all just a
matter of perspective. It's amazing how when the tables are turned,
one's perspective changes as well. With umbrage, you express your
disdain for BROL's (Bryan Ball's) hypocrisy. You call BROL and Bryan
Ball to task for doing the very same things that you did in your
capacity as Monkey Island's forum moderator, but it wasn't hypocritical
when you were doing it ... was it? How peculiar. I refer you to my
previous statement about the turning of tables and change in
perspective. So, in the final analysis, just how different was Monkey
Island than BROL in this particular respect that you are objecting to?
Well, not different at all really. What we basically have here is a
case of the pot calling the kettle black. Now that's what I'd call
ludicrous. That's what I'd call hypocrisy. When are you going to stop
accusing others of things that you yourself are guilty of? You know
.... he who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

Jim

P.S. From the other responses here, it would appear that the
readiership is finally beginning to understand you for what and who you
are and it is about time too.

Old April 29th 05, 02:04 AM
blah blah blah

After all your childish ravings about a certain bike that were
plastered all over usenet, do you really think anyone gives a ****
about anything you have to say on any subject at all?

I am glad you are banned from BROL. It is a much nicer place because
you are not there.

As far as I am concerned, you can eat **** and bark at the moon.