ISO LBS in Riverside CA

Old April 2nd 09, 11:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default ISO LBS in Riverside CA

I have a son who is going to be spending some time in the Riverside,
California area. He needs a bicycle to get around on while he's there.
I would like to know if anyone here can recommend a good LBS in
Riverside. (I'm working on the assumption that it would be easier to
buy a bike there than to try to ship the bike he has here down there.)
This bike won't be used for racing, trail riding, or any such thing.
It just needs to be a basic street bike, tough enough to hit the
occasional pothole and not disintegrate, but not much more. My son is a
bit on the tall side, so it would need to be a slightly larger size
(21-23" frame size) than you can usually find at a big-box place. The
bike does NOT need to be fancy in any way, and I'm hoping not to spend a
lot of money on it. I'm looking for something just far enough above the
Huffy level to be rideable and reliable, but still cheap enough to not
be a huge loss if it gets wrecked or stolen. I'm thinking maybe
Schwinn, Mongoose, Giant, or something like that.
Anybody know a LBS in the area that they could recommend?

Thanks,
Bill

|Real e-mail: , minus the letters w/ tails.|
Old April 3rd 09, 12:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

wrote in message
[...]

Bill: I posted your email in the NBDA (National Bicycle Dealer
Association) e-list so someone who's got a shop in the area might send
you an email. Don't worry, you're not going to get spammed or added to a
bunch of databases. Bike dealers just aren't that sophisticated. :-)

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old April 4th 09, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like the best possible response, Mike. Thank you!

Bill

__o | On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.
_`\(,_ | L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
(_)/ (_) | --Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Old April 4th 09, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Neil Brooks

Here's a ... "For What It's Worth....."

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ight=riverside
Old April 6th 09, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chalo

Neil Brooks wrote:

Here's a ... "For What It's Worth....."

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ight=riverside

For what else it's worth...

http://www.google.com/search?safe=of...ornia+********

Chalo
Old April 7th 09, 11:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
[email protected][_2_]

http://mtbike.mountainzone.com/bikes...t=Riverside+CA
Old April 12th 09, 06:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

For anyone who may wonder how this project turned out, here's a
report.
First of all, my thanks to those who provided leads. I contacted
several of the shops you suggested, and was able to get a good idea of
their product lines and price structures.
But then I did what maybe I should have done all along, went to a
local bike shop here where I live. I expected that we'd just look at
things, maybe pick up a catalog, and thus know what we were talking
about on the phone. But it turned out that the local shop (a) had some
nice bikes in last year's models and colors on clearance, and (b) was
quite willing to box the bike up and ship it to Riverside for us.
As a result, my son has a great bike for a good price, which he was
able to test-ride; I owe a debt of gratitude to those of you who
responded to my initial inquiry; and I've learned one more lesson about
what great things LBS's can be.

Thanks again to all,
Bill "Frumious"

__o |I used to think that I was cool, running around on fossil fuel
_`\(,_ |Until I saw what I was doing was driving down the road to ruin.
(_)/ (_)| - James Taylor