Watch out for flying ...

Old April 11th 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike A Schwab

Default Watch out for flying ...

Corpses? Corpi?
http://digg.com/d1oKsC

What's next, Mannequins?
Old April 12th 09, 12:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Mike A Schwab writes:
Corpses? Corpi?
http://digg.com/d1oKsC

What's next, Mannequins?

I dunno, but in North America at this time of year,
it doesn't hurt for riders to beware of baseballs
on the loose when riding past parks. Then there are
golf balls. At least frisbees don't hurt, they just
bounce off your shoulder.

I did once experience half a wheelbarrow falling out of
the back of a junk truck and landing in front of me.

Back in the '70s it seemed to be a weekly occurance
that a truckful of fish heads would lose its load
on Vancouver's Fraser Bridge, which has long since
been torn down. IIRC, that old swing bridge had a
wooden deck. The fish heads must have provided
lots of lubrication on that thing.

Another thing of which to be mindful is stuff like
scythes and 2x4s and spiky wrought iron fencing hanging
over the sides of utility trailers.

Those trailers are so much narrower than the cars
towing them, one often isn't even aware of their
presence until they're alongside.

And of course there are the ubiquitous cigarette butts
flicked out of car windows.

cheers,
Tom
Old April 12th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kristian M Zoerhoff

On 2009-04-11, Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Mike A Schwab writes:
Corpses? Corpi?
http://digg.com/d1oKsC

What's next, Mannequins?

I dunno, but in North America at this time of year,
it doesn't hurt for riders to beware of baseballs
on the loose when riding past parks. Then there are
golf balls.

Remind me to take a photo of the warning sign for cyclists
on Burr Rd near St Charles some time, not far from the
Royal hawk Country Club:

http://tinyurl.com/cxd6fn

I couldn't figure out what I was being warned about the first
time I rode through, until I saw the course itself.

..max knows what I'm talking about, if he's following this
thread.

--

Kristian Zoerhoff