Stupid Snow!!!

Old October 29th 03, 08:51 PM
Roger Buchanan

Default Stupid Snow!!!

Arrrgh!

Doesn't Mother Nature know that she's not supposed to start the snow
until *I"M* finished with riding for the season???

And it happened just a couple of days before a BBQ/Night Ride. I wasn't
gonna ride, just enjoy the BBQ, but still... the indignity of it all. I
was hoping that maybe I'd be able to scrounge up a buddy to go on some
tame'ish night rides next year. After all, what better place to meet
people that are interested in night riding than at an actual night ride.
I wonder if anybody will actually even bother to show up, given the snow
that is...

Now I'm left with cleaning my hydration packs (does that "green tint"
*EVER* really leave the drinking tube) and doing some clean-up on the
bikes and gear. You know, wash gloves, check the helmet pads (mine are
new this year), find the missing socks...etc.

Oh yeah, seeing as how it snowed I guess I might as well start on my
"wish list" for Santa.

The one positive thing that I did was take a dozen donuts in to the gang
at the lbs. They've been good to me over the summer/fall.

If only riding wasn't over for the season...

WWWHHHHAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa...sob...
--
NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.

- Rog
Old October 29th 03, 09:01 PM

Shut up and ride your bike.

Fire up MTB 03

Old October 29th 03, 09:28 PM
Bran

Roger Buchanan spake thusly on or about Wed,
29 Oct 2003 20:51:09 UTC

- If only riding wasn't over for the season...
-
wtf is riding season? when it snows you change clothes and tyres. keep
on riding.

--
I hurt before the ride so fibro gives me a head
start on the rest of the pack. silver lining?

Old October 29th 03, 09:48 PM
Bob M

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:51:09 -0600, Roger Buchanan
wrote:

[...]

Buy studded tires for your mountain bike. You can still ride.

--
Bob M in CT
Remove 'x.' to reply
Old October 29th 03, 10:12 PM
Andrew Thorne

weather gripe snipped

Rog,

Ride anyway. The snow is a hoot to ride in. And you won't need studded tires
until it gets packed into ice. Until then, just run the biggest knobbies you
can fit at the lowest pressure you can (without too many pinch flats).

Hint: Bikeman.com has Ritchey 2.35 Kevlars (One of my all time favorite fat
tires) for $24.

Cheers,

-Andrew
Old October 29th 03, 10:20 PM
Bob M

On 29 Oct 2003 22:12:42 GMT, Andrew Thorne
wrote:

weather gripe snipped

Rog,

Ride anyway. The snow is a hoot to ride in. And you won't need studded
tires
until it gets packed into ice. Until then, just run the biggest knobbies
you
can fit at the lowest pressure you can (without too many pinch flats).

Hint: Bikeman.com has Ritchey 2.35 Kevlars (One of my all time favorite
fat
tires) for $24.

Cheers,

-Andrew

That's true -- the studs don't help at all on the snow.

--
Bob M in CT
Remove 'x.' to reply
Old October 29th 03, 11:21 PM
Sorni

wrote in message
Shut up and ride your bike.

Forgive him, Rog; he knows not who he flames.

Bill "Crazy's kinda karma, kid" S.

Old October 30th 03, 04:21 AM
ireman_1

Originally posted by Roger Buchanan

If only riding wasn't over for the season...

WWWHHHHAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa...sob...

- Rog

Winter riding can be cool (no pun intended). It's just wet and muddy as
hell around here (OR). The change in conditions brings about an
opportunity to gain new skills (read: balance and cornering). Now that
I've said that I'm truthfully on my snowboard so much once there's snow
at the Pass or Bachelor I don't have much time for my poor neglected
bikes. I do love the riding this time of year (and spring) though when
there is little to no snow at the boarding areas, but the rains are in
effect and the masses are huddled by their fireplaces. Anyway, good luck
making it through this rough patch for you.

K.

--
Don't give up, don't ever give up.

Old October 30th 03, 05:36 AM
BB

On 30 Oct 2003 15:11:58 +1050, ireman_1 wrote:

Winter riding can be cool (no pun intended). It's just wet and muddy as
hell around here (OR). The change in conditions brings about an
opportunity to gain new skills (read: balance and cornering).

Give a little thought to what you're doing to your trails. Every spring
the more newbie-friendly trails around here are totally ripped to ****
because people ride them wet.

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old October 30th 03, 05:39 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Hint: Bikeman.com has Ritchey 2.35 Kevlars (One of my all time favorite
fat
tires) for $24.

Cambria has MutanoRaptor 2.4s for $12 each in a pack of 4... $16 up to 3.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Riding in Snow Badger South General 23 December 15th 03 06:23 PM
Riding in the snow, another way MP General 4 December 15th 03 05:10 PM
Metric Century through snow.. should I try? :) Mike Beauchamp General 9 November 24th 03 12:10 AM
aargh stupid stupid (ot rant) Penny S Mountain Biking 42 November 3rd 03 01:19 AM
Stupid Behavior Caught on Tape Gary Smiley General 7 September 5th 03 02:11 AM