AMB-Idaho '04 Epic Weekend Date Set

Old January 14th 04, 05:27 PM
Paladin

Default AMB-Idaho '04 Epic Weekend Date Set

After much shouting, slapping and hair-pulling, we've settled on the
date for this year's annual AMB-Idaho/NW epic weekend:

July 30, 31 and August 1.

We'll be headquartered in McCall, Idaho, again, a decent place to
spend a weekend if you have to.

Detailed Schedule:

Warm up ride Fri p.m. (intro alpine ride, great scenery)
Big ride Saturday (bring your cameras) followed by bbq & rehydration
Cool down ride Sunday (gravity games at ski hill again?)

Usual disclaimer applies: all are welcome, but keep in mind that for
best results on the Saturday ride, you should be able to ride approx
20 miles at elevation over intermediate to advanced terrain.

Hope to see another big group this year. More details will probably
follow.

Some quick memories:

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we...fthebigone.jpg

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we...enchatWork.jpg

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we...roughingit.jpg

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we...atLoonLake.jpg

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we...atLoonLake.jpg

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we...il-Awesome.jpg

Paladin
Old January 14th 04, 05:42 PM
Carla A-G

"Paladin" wrote in message
om...
After much shouting, slapping and hair-pulling, we've settled on the
date for this year's annual AMB-Idaho/NW epic weekend:

July 30, 31 and August 1.

We'll be headquartered in McCall, Idaho, again, a decent place to
spend a weekend if you have to.

Detailed Schedule:

Warm up ride Fri p.m. (intro alpine ride, great scenery)
Big ride Saturday (bring your cameras) followed by bbq & rehydration
Cool down ride Sunday (gravity games at ski hill again?)

Usual disclaimer applies: all are welcome, but keep in mind that for
best results on the Saturday ride, you should be able to ride approx
20 miles at elevation over intermediate to advanced terrain.

Hope to see another big group this year. More details will probably
follow.

See you all there.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old January 15th 04, 12:58 AM
Gman

On 14 Jan 2004 09:27:48 -0800, Paladin wrote:
After much shouting, slapping and hair-pulling, we've settled on the
date for this year's annual AMB-Idaho/NW epic weekend:

July 30, 31 and August 1.

We'll be headquartered in McCall, Idaho, again, a decent place to
spend a weekend if you have to.

Detailed Schedule:

Warm up ride Fri p.m. (intro alpine ride, great scenery)
Big ride Saturday (bring your cameras) followed by bbq & rehydration
Cool down ride Sunday (gravity games at ski hill again?)

Usual disclaimer applies: all are welcome, but keep in mind that for
best results on the Saturday ride, you should be able to ride approx
20 miles at elevation over intermediate to advanced terrain.

Hope to see another big group this year. More details will probably
follow.

C u there P. I'm ready to bring it large...but
will my body be, that is the question! :-)

Old January 15th 04, 01:38 AM
Penny S

After much shouting, slapping and hair-pulling, we've settled on the
date for this year's annual AMB-Idaho/NW epic weekend:

July 30, 31 and August 1.

We'll be headquartered in McCall, Idaho, again, a decent place to
spend a weekend if you have to.

Detailed Schedule:

Warm up ride Fri p.m. (intro alpine ride, great scenery)
Big ride Saturday (bring your cameras) followed by bbq & rehydration
Cool down ride Sunday (gravity games at ski hill again?)

Usual disclaimer applies: all are welcome, but keep in mind that for
best results on the Saturday ride, you should be able to ride approx
20 miles at elevation over intermediate to advanced terrain.

Hope to see another big group this year. More details will probably
follow.

I've got a short list started of things to bring for next year. We really do
need to carry a water filter, we've got a great backpacker's one that we'll
bring. I may show up and do some DO cooking too - that is if I don't have to
retrieve Mr Adventure from off in the boonies again.

Penny

Old January 15th 04, 02:07 AM
Paladin

Penny wrote:

I've got a short list started of things to bring for next year. We really do
need to carry a water filter, we've got a great backpacker's one that we'll
bring. I may show up and do some DO cooking too - that is if I don't have to
retrieve Mr Adventure from off in the boonies again.

Penny

I asked for the water filter for Christmas, but didn't get it. But it could

have made a huge difference toward the end of last year's ride, eh?

Now what is DO cooking? Sounds great, whatever it is.

paladin

Old January 15th 04, 04:18 AM
Penny S

Paladin scribbled on a scrap of paper:
Penny wrote:

I've got a short list started of things to bring for next year. We
really do need to carry a water filter, we've got a great
backpacker's one that we'll bring. I may show up and do some DO
cooking too - that is if I don't have to retrieve Mr Adventure from
off in the boonies again.

Penny

I asked for the water filter for Christmas, but didn't get it. But
it could

have made a huge difference toward the end of last year's ride, eh?

Now what is DO cooking? Sounds great, whatever it is.

Dutch Oven.

Just need to get back in time to get the coals going.

Penny

Old January 15th 04, 04:21 AM
Penny S

Penny S scribbled on a scrap of paper:
Penny wrote:

I've got a short list started of things to bring for next year. We
really do need to carry a water filter, we've got a great
backpacker's one that we'll bring. I may show up and do some DO
cooking too - that is if I don't have to retrieve Mr Adventure from
off in the boonies again.

Penny

I asked for the water filter for Christmas, but didn't get it. But
it could

have made a huge difference toward the end of last year's ride, eh?

Now what is DO cooking? Sounds great, whatever it is.

Dutch Oven.

Just need to get back in time to get the coals going.

a good PNW boy like you probably doesn't need a link, but here's one anyway
http://www.idos.com/

Old January 15th 04, 02:00 PM
Gman

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:38:01 -0800, Penny S wrote:
[...]

Hey, I apologize for the burgers being a bit
overcooked last time...I'll work on my technique
thru the Spring/Summer. :-)

Old January 15th 04, 03:18 PM
kantspel

Now what is DO cooking? Sounds great, whatever it is.

Dutch Oven.

Just need to get back in time to get the coals going.

Penny

Huh, I always thought a dutch oven was when you farted in bed and pulled
the covers up over your partners head in order for them to get the full
experience.

Rich,
luckily our couch is very comfortable.

Old January 15th 04, 03:56 PM
Carla A-G

"kantspel" wrote in message
Huh, I always thought a dutch oven was when you farted in bed and pulled
the covers up over your partners head in order for them to get the full
experience.

No, I think that's called "playing turtle".

We play that game quite often, I usually lose.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!