David Millar busted.

Old June 25th 04, 11:26 AM
Marty Wallace

Default David Millar busted.

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/...to605927.shtml

Must be that time of the year.

Marty

Old June 25th 04, 12:15 PM
hippy

Originally posted by Marty Wallace
http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/...to605927.shtml

Yeah, cyclingforums were talking about him being "detained as a
witness".. whatever that means.

Could he be left out of the tour simply for being a 'suspected' doper?

l'equipe isn't exactly the most accurate reporter when it comes to
foreigners doping is it?

Wait and see I guess..

hippy

Old June 25th 04, 12:28 PM
Shane Stanley

In article ,
hippy wrote:

Yeah, cyclingforums were talking about him being "detained as a
witness".. whatever that means.

If you mean cyclingnews, they've now gone with the l'Equipe story: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jun04/jun25news2

Could he be left out of the tour simply for being a 'suspected' doper?

Yes, the tour organisation would drop him like a hot cake. All the other
French teams have already signed an agreement to the effect that they
will drop anyone under suspicion.

l'equipe isn't exactly the most accurate reporter when it comes to
foreigners doping is it?

It seems to do a pretty good job of getting hold of confidential papers
from the French police.

What with all this, plus the American track and field lot, it could end
up a much smaller Olympics.

--
Shane Stanley
Old June 25th 04, 01:55 PM
chickasmith

Default David Millar fesses up!

Must say that this is very surprising news about David Millar and him
fessing up to the use of EPO ... I guess the story will continue to unfold
in the coming few days ...

Looks like Bradley McGee might have a free run to that prologue yellow
jersey and this time wont need a derailled chain to help him!

om.au...

Old June 25th 04, 02:30 PM
Spider1977

According to cycling forums quoting l'equipe, Millar has now admitted to
using EPO.

The big mouth from Britain is in more trouble than the early settlers.
At least Brad McGee won last years TdF prologue fair and square.

Milla rshould be wiped out of the sport for life, especially after his
vehement denials when the Cofidis affair first broke. What's the bet he
gets a 2 year slap on the wrist from UCI.

BTW when are we going to get the names of the "other five" in the AIS
affair? Or do we have to wait and see which ones grow pony tails?

Old June 25th 04, 02:55 PM
Marty Wallace

"Spider1977" wrote in message
According to cycling forums quoting l'equipe, Millar has now admitted to
using EPO.

The big mouth from Britain is in more trouble than the early settlers.
At least Brad McGee won last years TdF prologue fair and square.

Milla rshould be wiped out of the sport for life, especially after his
vehement denials when the Cofidis affair first broke. What's the bet he
gets a 2 year slap on the wrist from UCI.

BTW when are we going to get the names of the "other five" in the AIS
affair? Or do we have to wait and see which ones grow pony tails?

The names of the "other five" have been out for a couple of days now. You
obviously don't read newspapers.

Marty

Old June 26th 04, 04:45 AM
hippy

"Spider1977" wrote in message BTW when are we going to get the names
of the "other five" in the AIS affair? Or do we have to wait and see
which ones grow pony tails?

The names of the "other five" have been out for a couple of days now.
You obviously don't read newspapers.

Well I don't.. so who are they?! :P

hippy

Old June 26th 04, 10:15 AM
flyingdutch

hippy wrote:
Originally posted by Marty Wallace
"Spider1977" wrote in message BTW when are we going to get the names
of the "other five" in the AIS affair? Or do we have to wait and see
which ones grow pony tails?

The names of the "other five" have been out for a couple of days now.
You obviously don't read newspapers.

Well I don't.. so who are they?! :P
hippy

Kelly, Lancaster, young-guy-Jobe?, Brown (who wrote in the Age today he
wasnt even in the state last year!!!) and Eadie supposedly

Sounds like the lad is lashing out, purely to make himself look
less stupid!

Old June 26th 04, 10:26 AM
Marty Wallace

"hippy" wrote in message
. ..
Originally posted by Marty Wallace
"Spider1977" wrote in message BTW when are we going to get the names
of the "other five" in the AIS affair? Or do we have to wait and see
which ones grow pony tails?

The names of the "other five" have been out for a couple of days now.
You obviously don't read newspapers.

Well I don't.. so who are they?! :P

hippy

Former world champion cyclist Shane Kelly is among five cyclists named by
disgraced former teammate Mark French as having injected legal vitamin
supplements at the Australian Institute of Sport in Adelaide.

The other cyclists named by French in his statement to the Court of
Arbitration for Sport were Olympic hopefuls Sean Eadie, Jobie Dajka, Graeme
Browne and Brett Lancaster.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...046228556.html

Marty

Old June 27th 04, 04:00 AM
Roadie_scum

Spider1977 wrote:
Milla rshould be wiped out of the sport for life, especially after his
vehement denials when the Cofidis affair first broke. What's the bet he
gets a 2 year slap on the wrist from UCI.

Have you never made a mistake in your life? A two year ban from
performing the one activity to which you have dedicated your life,
eliminating the sole form of income you earn, is more than a 'slap on
the wrist'. I'm as down on drug cheats as anyone else, but the riders
are only one aspect of a bigger picture. Life bans for them are
draconian.

How about as well as disciplining riders, we move the focus to the
organisations that encourage it. Directeur-sportif? Coach?
Manager? Soigneur?