Computer Placement

Old July 1st 04, 11:11 AM
Parbs

Default Computer Placement

"Jack Russell" wrote in message ...

hippy wrote:

Originally posted by Dej
Left side is the new black.. My sigma is on the right

Meh.. Polar is on the right, Cateye is on the right.

These rodney rude trendsetters /rodney rude will come back to the
one-true-computer-mounting-side after a time...

Mind you, if i could read the Polar properly sideways, I'd fit it
to the stem.

hippy

Cateye do a stem mount, not that I can find one in Australia!

Remove norubbish to reply direct

Jack Russell

Like this one?

http://www.phantomcycles.com.au/Cont...ails%20@ID=811

Parbs

Old July 1st 04, 01:58 PM
Craigster

"flyingdutch" wrote in message
Mine's on the right but only cos i applied your logic re stronger hand
as im left-handed

the right might have subliminal tag as being the 'business' side as its
where the drivetrain is?

You see, I'd apply the reverse logic to that statement, and take it as a
good reason to 'balance up' the underweighted and frankly under-rated
left-hand side of the bike.

For that reason I also carry my pump on the left, but that's a whole new
thread.

Anyway, thankyou all for your input. It hasn't made me feel any more right
or wrong, but at least I can live with myself now.

Craigster.

Old July 1st 04, 02:11 PM
Evan

Craigster wrote:
I noticed that absolutely everyone else, without exception,
mounts them to the right.

On the stem. Held there "crossways" by a piece of tube. With 3 lights,
HRM, bell, handlebar bag mount, there's no room for anything else.
Old July 1st 04, 10:59 PM
Jack Russell

hippy wrote:

Originally posted by Dej
Left side is the new black.. My sigma is on the right

Meh.. Polar is on the right, Cateye is on the right.

These rodney rude trendsetters /rodney rude will come back to the
one-true-computer-mounting-side after a time...

Mind you, if i could read the Polar properly sideways, I'd fit it
to the stem.

hippy

Cateye do a stem mount, not that I can find one in Australia!

Remove norubbish to reply direct

Jack Russell

Like this one?

http://www.phantomcycles.com.au/Cont...ails%20@ID=811

Parbs

Well done, the Cateye agent in Australia denied all knowledge of them!

Old July 2nd 04, 12:15 AM
flyingdutch

Craigster wrote:
You see, I'd apply the reverse logic to that statement, and take it as a
good reason to 'balance up' the underweighted and frankly under-rated
left-hand side of the bike.
For that reason I also carry my pump on the left, but that's a whole
new thread.
Anyway, thankyou all for your input. It hasn't made me feel any more
right or wrong, but at least I can live with myself now.
Craigster.

My pymp is on the left and i 'dress to the left' to balance the bike

Old July 2nd 04, 12:45 AM
hippy

flyingdutch wrote:
My pymp is on the left and i 'dress to the left' to balance the bike

Your "pymp"?!? :-D

hippy
- will go no further... ;-)

Old July 2nd 04, 01:30 AM
mfhor

mfhor wrote:
And what about those mini-riser bar doo-dads which allow you to mount
even MORE junk on your bars? Along with your Honka Hoota, HRM, Computer
with power-calculation, cadence, apparent wind-speed and altimeter
accessories, halogen light, LED light, mini-compass, Aqua-lite for
emergencies, squeezy dinosaur/squirrel/shark, gear/KOM/sprint chart
(taped to the stem for max. style points) and mascot of choice, it's a
wonder those of us with suspension on the front don't have to put a
heavier weight spring in the forks to cope with it all. It's cycling's
equivalent to fluffy dice.

Oh, I forgot my Cateye Lucciola

M "How many long distance Audax riders does it take to make a product
commercially viable?" H

Old July 2nd 04, 01:30 AM
hippy

Originally posted by mfhor snip crap on bars 'rant'?
M "technoweenie/weightweenie shootout fencesitter" H

Well, if you're a weight weenie, that's different. It's all about what
you DON'T have on your bike

All my bikes have, at most, a light and a computer and, at the least,
nothing. Lights are required, computers are "nice".

Old July 2nd 04, 01:30 AM
mfhor

Craigster wrote:
I've just fitted computers (Sigma 1200's if you're interested) to my and
wife's bars. I placed them to the left of the stem for two main reasons
- it allows lights to be fitted on the right (therefore increasing your
apparent profile to oncoming motorists) and also leaves my stronger arm
to steer whilst operating the buttons. Seemed sensible enought to me.
Craigster.

And what about those mini-riser bar doo-dads which allow you to mount
even MORE junk on your bars? Along with your Honka Hoota, HRM, Computer
with power-calculation, cadence, apparent wind-speed and altimeter
accessories, halogen light, LED light, mini-compass, Aqua-lite for
emergencies, squeezy dinosaur/squirrel/shark, gear/KOM/sprint chart
(taped to the stem for max. style points) and mascot of choice, it's a
wonder those of us with suspension on the front don't have to put a
heavier weight spring in the forks to cope with it all. It's cycling's
equivalent to fluffy dice.

Less is more. Get the new CycloMaxilloFacioZooMMeter (TM) HUD digital
multifunctional readout retinal implant wired to your hip-joint
prosthetic power meter, thoracic cavity kilojoule counter and helmet
reverse camera and anemometer and experience the freedom of total
connectivity, or some bull****.

I'm appointing dealers this week, so get in early for the newest
revolution in performance enhancing apparatus.

Or just get more stuff.

M "technoweenie/weightweenie shootout fencesitter" H

Old July 2nd 04, 01:45 AM
mfhor

hippy [/i]
[b][quote][i]Originally posted by mfhor wrote:
snip crap on bars 'rant'?
M "technoweenie/weightweenie shootout fencesitter" H

Well, if you're a weight weenie, that's different. It's all about what
you DON'T have on your bike
All my bikes have, at most, a light and a computer and, at the least,
nothing. Lights are required, computers are "nice".

Lights are required at night. I think they destroy the classic lines of
the thoroughbred classic Italian road bike, don't you?

I've got a bike with all the useful crap (2x front lights, 'puter, used
to have a honka but it fell off ) and a roadie with a wireless
'puter, v. low profile which you can swap the headmount to whatever side
you like, or even the middle. Tramlines and HT powerlines stuff up the
HRM, or the H, or B(rain), can't work out which.

M "look at the roadsigns, the way the birds are flying" H