Flat Discussion Thread

Old December 24th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

Default Flat Discussion Thread

Both Adrien (2:08) and Loic do it, it isn't a true fakie varialroll, but
it was done (shown) before Daniel Adelander's "reversed varial roll".

I can't tell completely but it looks like an inward variation to me.

--
Any Terrain

2nd Place*)---SuperWrap-'O,*
Old December 24th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

Right, that's why I wrote it as back(inward?)varialroll instead of
reverse. It is pretty cool, and it doesn't look too tough.

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

**TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND**
Old December 25th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

Some Leg Wrap questions...

I stand on the start of the crank which connects to the hub with the
middle of my foot, I think most have the foot along the whole crank,
CORRECT?

I don't understand where you get the control when you try and do a leg
wrap when static hopping or rolling. The crank has like this auto
function where it rolls out and it's weird...

--
Unisykolist

Perfected...360 Unispins - Hop up 3 pallets
Going to UniNats 2009
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
-Style of riding:- Street and Trials
Old December 25th 08, 12:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ludwig F

agentQ;1157056 wrote:
Ludwig-

Maybe I am missing something, but if you think inward varial rolls are
easier than regular ones, you may be doing something wrong. An inward
varial roll is not all that much harder then a regular one, but it
certainly is not easier. A regular varial roll you don't ever really
have to switch hands, just directions. For inward, there is at least 3
hand switches. I just cant see how, even in an extreme case, inward
varial rolls being easier than regular. Are you doing the whole leg
around to make it an inward?

Eli-

Of course people have done combos with inward rolling wrap. It would be
silly to think that no one would have gotten around to that yet.

yes i do the whole wrap but i only do inwards because i destroy my
shoes when i do normal ones

--
Ludwig F

'
)-540unispin-'O,'
(http://www.vimeo.com/2123853)

'latest video' (http://www.vimeo.com/2388392)

'Team Crankbreakers'
(http://www.vimeo.com/user858503)
Old December 25th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

How does it make the way it wears down your shoes different?

--
agentQ

---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old December 25th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ludwig F

agentQ;1157895 wrote:
How does it make the way it wears down your shoes different?

hm... how can i explain that with my bad english

when i do a wrap walk somtimes my shoes get between frame and cranks

Ludwig F

'

Old December 25th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

unicycledood;1135684 wrote:

Anyone found any industructable flatland shoes yet?

JUst about every brand I try gets about 2-3 months. Around the 1.5 to 2
month mark there is noticeable wear (noticeable meaning I can notice in
how they preform, not look). Once I hit the 2.5-3 month mark they are
shot, padding is crushed, the outer shell on the inside of my foot is
torn, and the grip is worn to nothing will holes(usually) into the part
of the shoe that is not water proof.

I would love to find something that can last longer than 2-3 months,
but to be honest I think heavy skating destroys shoes faster... so until
we have unicycle specific shoes I should be just be happy I dont
skateboard.

On the plus side, new shoes are s-a-weet, and chicks dig a guy with
shinny kicks. So for now it looks like I will just live life 2-3 months
at a time. An avg cost of 350 dollars a year, is much cheeper then most
things I need to live.

--
agentQ

---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old December 25th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

Ludwig F;1157903 wrote:
hm... how can i explain that with my bad english

when i do a wrap walk somtimes my shoes get between frame and cranks

Thats what I expected to hear. I just dont understand how inwards help
that. I guess the fact here is that you are more used to doing the trick
inward, so you are more accurate, making your shoes last longer. Prolly
worth getting them regular . But hell I snowboarded for a decade
without ever doing a mute grab... was sure fun when I started doing
them.... I bet you will like normal rolling wraps when you apply
yourself .

--
agentQ

---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old December 25th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

agentQ;1157906 wrote:
[...]

Good point

--
unicycledood

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
haha, so young, yet so angry, damn that rap music.

Old December 29th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

I hop about 10-20 times before I attempt to seatwrap (the only 'flat'
trick I can do) thus, I rarely ever land one. Does anyone have tips on
how to get your balance before you begin your trick? Advice on how to
cut down pre-hops?

--
hungry4uni

ŤŔϊãĻş