Another cyclist killed by driver using mobile (Canada)

Old May 5th 06, 05:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Another cyclist killed by driver using mobile (Canada)

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/natio...cellphone.html

Still legal in Canada and most of U.S I believe.
:-{{{

--
beerwolf (remove numbers from email address)

Old May 5th 06, 06:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle

beerwolf Wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/qm4ou

Still legal in Canada and most of U.S I believe.
:-{{{

--
beerwolf (remove numbers from email address)

sadly, that is true,...

the law enforcement dudes there should read this rather than waiting
for more deaths from such stupidity.

*http://tinyurl.com/qk3yo*

--
rooman

Old May 5th 06, 10:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle

beerwolf wrote:
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/natio...cellphone.html

Still legal in Canada and most of U.S I believe.

yeah but its still legal in many US states *not* to wear a seatbelt!!

kim
Old May 5th 06, 11:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Kim Hawtin Wrote:
beerwolf wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/qm4ou

Still legal in Canada and most of U.S I believe.

yeah but its still legal in many US states *not* to wear a seatbelt!!

kim

I wonder if in Phoenix, it is legal to drive a car, while using your
mobile phone, not wearing a seat belt, with your gun sitting on the
dashboard, drinking a bucket of starbucks and mucnhing on a Krispy
Kreme donut (only about another month until the melbourne store opens
up, Im thinking of buying shares)

--
MikeyOz

Old May 8th 06, 01:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle

beerwolf Wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/qm4ou

Still legal in Canada and most of U.S I believe.
:-{{{

--
beerwolf (remove numbers from email address)

List of countries that ban mobile use while driving:
http://www.cellular-news.com/car_bans/

We're at the top of the list (alphabetical) but enforcment is another
issue.

--
slaw

Old May 8th 06, 02:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Can we move these posts to bicycle.related.death?

--
gplama