HGV gives verbal warning

Old April 25th 17, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default HGV gives verbal warning

I was at some traffic lights earlier today.
An HGV was about to make a turn. When the driver put his LH indicator on -
the lorry started making a warning beeping.

Also there was a loudspeaker spoken warning. I could not tell precisely what
it said: I think it was something like:

Lorry Turning: Suicides Not Welcome.

Old April 25th 17, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 25/04/2017 16:48, Judith wrote:

I was at some traffic lights earlier today.
An HGV was about to make a turn. When the driver put his LH indicator on -
the lorry started making a warning beeping.

Also there was a loudspeaker spoken warning. I could not tell precisely what
it said: I think it was something like:

Lorry Turning: Suicides Not Welcome.

Sounds a very reasonable - and even generous - warning. But it ought to
be unnecessary.

I would not try to get past a left-turning lorry on the nearside, even
in a big Stuttgart-built saloon. Would you?

---
http://www.avg.com

Old April 25th 17, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 4:48:04 PM UTC+1, Judith wrote:
I was at some traffic lights earlier today.
An HGV was about to make a turn. When the driver put his LH indicator on -
the lorry started making a warning beeping.

Also there was a loudspeaker spoken warning. I could not tell precisely what

I heard one in Brigg today; "Group 4 security van reversing" as it reversed into a bollard and took off the rear bumper! OH DEAR, good job that I had my Joe 90 glasses on for dobbing in purposes!
Old April 27th 17, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 17:04:59 +0100, JNugent wrote:

On 25/04/2017 16:48, Judith wrote:

I was at some traffic lights earlier today.
An HGV was about to make a turn. When the driver put his LH indicator on -
the lorry started making a warning beeping.

Also there was a loudspeaker spoken warning. I could not tell precisely what
it said: I think it was something like:

Lorry Turning: Suicides Not Welcome.

Sounds a very reasonable - and even generous - warning. But it ought to
be unnecessary.

I would not try to get past a left-turning lorry on the nearside, even
in a big Stuttgart-built saloon. Would you?

I certainly would not; but I understand that some people try it very often:
until they do it for the last time of course.

Old May 3rd 17, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 25/04/2017 16:48, Judith wrote:

I was at some traffic lights earlier today.
An HGV was about to make a turn. When the driver put his LH indicator on -
the lorry started making a warning beeping.

Also there was a loudspeaker spoken warning. I could not tell precisely what
it said: I think it was something like:

Lorry Turning: Suicides Not Welcome.

Cyclists with headphones won't be able to hear the warning, perhaps
there could be some other tell tale, maybe flashing lights to indicate
the route the vehicle will take?

Warning: Magilla Impotence Counter and Warning Signal Anton Berlin Racing 0 August 15th 09 09:58 PM
verbal abuse, use of vehicle as a weapon, cops not interested spindrift UK 2 April 2nd 08 03:23 PM
Warning lardyninja UK 15 April 28th 07 06:37 AM
A Warning to all Flying Echidna Australia 7 January 9th 06 06:48 PM
Muc-Off warning Richard Bates UK 8 March 28th 05 10:24 AM