Caffeine and Unicycling

Old March 23rd 05, 03:14 PM
tylercox

Default Caffeine and Unicycling

I was recently wondering - whenever I have some caffeinated beverage
such as a large coke, a Mt. Dew, coffee, or Monster, I get sorta wobbly
and gittery on the unicycle and I feel like I do everything so fast and
gittery the tricks always fail. When I don't have any caffeine or very
little I feel really relaxed and the unicycle tricks are controlled and
usually pull through. Any thoughts on this?

-Tyler

--
tylercox - I'm gooder than you!

"Wal*Mart.....Don't they like sell walls there?"

-Paris Hilton on "The Simple Life"
tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

Old March 23rd 05, 03:21 PM
rob.northcott

Don't drink so much caffeine?

--
rob.northcott - Unofficial level 2, on a good day

Old March 23rd 05, 04:05 PM
mucRider

tylercox wrote:
*I was recently wondering - whenever I have some caffeinated beverage
such as a large coke, a Mt. Dew, coffee, or Monster, I get sorta
wobbly and gittery on the unicycle and I feel like I do everything so
fast and gittery the tricks always fail. When I don't have any
caffeine or very little I feel really relaxed and the unicycle tricks
are controlled and usually pull through. Any thoughts on this?

-Tyler *

Tyler- That is a good observation. It shows that you are better off
without the caffein. Caffein is a stimulant drug. Your body functions
better without stuff like this. You will probably find that you sleep
better if you don't drink caffeinated beverages. I enjoy an occasional
morning cup of coffee but not more than one per day and I have just
about given up Coke, Pepsi, Mt. Dew, etc.

--
mucRider - From the Over 50 Group

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary
and those who don't.
mucRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6119

Old March 23rd 05, 08:06 PM
Bob22b

Who knows about unicycling and stimulants. You might learn well with
the mad concentration booster - adderall.

--
Bob22b - MCL Tearer :d
Bob22b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8153

Old March 23rd 05, 08:25 PM
brockfisher05

tyler the amount of posting you do i think you need to go burn energy
somother way(such as the sport of unicycling)this is not suppost to be
an attack but a good Idea you should try

--
brockfisher05 - TEAM YAMS LEADER

Team YAMS' YAM FATHER

ADD ME AT:
brockfisher05's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8363

Old March 23rd 05, 08:32 PM
forrestunifreak

When i drink caffine,Im just the same as if i didnt.

--
forrestunifreak - Team YAMS member

Old school.new school.Im the bus driver.

-YAMSTA-

Old March 23rd 05, 08:36 PM
DK

forrestunifreak wrote:
*When i drink caffine,Im just the same as if i didnt. *

--
DK - Team YAMS Member

-Hunter-
Im a Yamsta.
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

Old March 23rd 05, 08:37 PM
chosen

interesting.

i dont drink anythink but water and milk, but i dont think itll make a
huge difference if u have a caffeine drink and unicycle.

--
chosen - For The Cause

formerly allthingsuni

http://www.bboy.org/gallery/showphot...t=500 &page=1
chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281

Old March 23rd 05, 08:47 PM
MattPH

I recently gave up caffeine for two months as I read that this is the
amount of time it takes to start feeling better, can't say I felt
wonderful but possibly now have a bit more energy through the day at
work so now I only drink coffee now and again, it is though good no
longer being addicted to the stuff and not having to drink it all the
time, I find the stuff has more effect though now and is great for when
I do need a boost or need to stay awake, as for unicycling, I can't say
that I'm any better or worse after drinking coffee.

--
MattPH - Muni Hungry

You do WHAT on it?
MattPH's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8467

Old March 23rd 05, 08:53 PM
harper

tylercox wrote:
* Any thoughts on this?

*

No. No thoughts whatsoever.

--
harper - TANKED at GASWORKS

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"My world view has come crashing down like a drunk clown on a giraffe,
riding through a cactus patch..." -evil-nick on "Entry of the
Gladiators"