Help!!! Seat Post Length???

Old March 20th 04, 05:20 PM
chirokid

Default Help!!! Seat Post Length???

I need some wisdom from the UCF. I am going to cut off my seatposts
today. I want them to be able to go low, for hopping practice, yet be
long enough for me to raise them back up and still ride normal.

Question: How much seatpost needs to be in the stem for it to be safe?

My hacksaw is warmed up and ready, so please respond quickly.
--chirokid--

--
chirokid - Bug Killing Unicyclist

"Other than that, the best maintenance is to keep riding it as this
helps to keep the eccentric nut on the saddle in optimal condition."
quote by Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old March 20th 04, 05:30 PM
one wheeled stallion

I think it's about two inches- when I cut mine, I just took a rough
estimate of the marker on the bottom of the tube that said "minimum
insertion" and made sure at least that much was left.

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Old March 20th 04, 05:32 PM
chirokid

one wheeled stallion wrote:
*I think it's about two inches- when I cut mine, I just took a rough
estimate of the marker on the bottom of the tube that said "minimum
insertion" and made sure at least that much was left. *

That was exactly my feeling. Thanks Stallion! --chirokid--

Old March 20th 04, 06:11 PM
S_Wallis

...no matter how many times I cut it, it's still too short...

--
S_Wallis - MUni Motivated

"I am always doing that which I can not do,
in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso
S_Wallis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1520

Old March 21st 04, 01:47 AM
duaner

I've measured a few - the minimum insertion point is consistently around
2.25 to 2.375 inches from the end of the tube.

--
duaner - -

duaner.
duaner's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4297