OMG! Variety of glasses options...

Old January 26th 05, 07:32 PM
Roger Buchanan

Default OMG! Variety of glasses options...

Thanks for all the advice folks!

I went shopping today. Talk about "where ignorance is bliss tis folly to
be wise". That poor sales guy.

Talk about options...

Frames:
- plastic
- steel
- titanium

Lenses:
- glass
- plastic
- polycarbonate

Coatings:
- Teflon
- Anti-scratch
- Anti-glare
- UV coating

So far I'm thinking titanium frames, polycarbonate lenses and ALL the
coatings. I'm sure I'll change some things, but so far... yikes! Costco
is different in Canada, I don't think they do glasses, so I checked at
LenseCrafters. They seemed pretty good, and came recommended by a
trusted source.

Having all your input really helped though. Thanks gang!!!
--
- Rog

http://www.wpcusrgrp.org/~rogerbuchanan/index.html

NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.
Old January 26th 05, 09:31 PM
Shawn

Roger Buchanan wrote:
[...]

What a drag it is growing old...
Old January 27th 05, 02:58 PM
Shaun aRe

"Roger Buchanan" wrote in message
Thanks for all the advice folks!

I went shopping today. Talk about "where ignorance is bliss tis folly to
be wise". That poor sales guy.

Talk about options...

Frames:

- titanium

',;~}~

It just has to be done Rog, it just has to be done!

Lenses:

- polycarbonate

I'd say that's a good choice you made there too. Only because I know 'dat
**** is damn tough.'

Coatings:
- Teflon
- Anti-scratch
- Anti-glare
- UV coating

So far I'm thinking titanium frames, polycarbonate lenses and ALL the
coatings.

Heheheh, yeah, but, won't that make the lenses like an inch thick?!?!?
',;~}~

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

Old January 27th 05, 03:11 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Roger Buchanan wrote:
[...]

Yikes, they'll be expensive. You should take the same approach I use
for my older son. He's just going to lose them or scratch them, so I
get him two pairs of the coolest looking cheap frames and polycarb
lenses (don't want glass shattering in his eyes).

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 27th 05, 08:04 PM
Roger Buchanan

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Yikes, they'll be expensive.

$249 Frames
$320 Lenses
-----------
$569 Total (no taxes need to be payed)

However I got a 30% off deal 'cause I belong to CAA. Then I got another
$145 off because of my vision care program through Blue Cross. So in
reality it only worked out to be $253.30 (in Canadian dollars).

All in all I feel I got a good deal. I'll get them in a couple of weeks,
as the lenses have to be special ordered out of Toronto...sigh

Thanks again for all your help everyone! It sure came in handy.

Old January 27th 05, 08:17 PM

Then, of course, there's the soon-to-come "Lou's Views", glasses for
shortsighted people that flip up like ballplayer's sunglasses. They
were envisioned (sorry) by Lou Reed in the movie "Blue In the Face". An
Italian manufacturer, Tramontano, is going to be producing them in the
near future.

It's just another option, Rog.

/s

Old January 29th 05, 08:06 PM

Can't go that way. Any pair that don't fog up for me.
Made up a pair with lens that are from another pair. Near nose the lens
let air in so no fog.