The triumph of Tom Sherman

Old October 19th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,aus.bicycle,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default The triumph of Tom Sherman

André Jute wrote:
On Oct 19, 5:05 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
I knew characters like Tom Sherman (he is a civil engineer) when I was in
high school and college. They learn how to operate a tool, such as a slide
rule, and they are forever ruined by it. Yea, a little knowledge is a
dangerous thing!

You're not very observant, are you, Eddie? Tom, unlike the majority of
engineers on the net, is unfailingly courteous.

The most valuable lesson anyone can learn in life is just how stupid they
are. I learned that with finality when I frequented the literary and musical
salons of New York when I was in my 20's. It is a humbling experience, but
the sooner you learn it, the better off you will be.

Huh? The literary and musical salons of NY are designed to keep out
people like you. Very few of real talent frequent them -- I used them
to pick up business for my ad agency. Those of real talent are away
brawling and wife-swapping, and sometimes even creating.

Now we have jerks today who have been forever ruined by the computer, just
another tool not much different from the slide rule. The best cure for this
type of ignorance and stupidity is to confront the greatest minds of all
time in their own words in written texts (books).

Now, for once, Eddie, you have your hand on something that is more
than half right. But it is such an obvious truth, it hardly needs
stating.

Once you have done this,
you are on your way to becoming wise. That is the one and only purpose of a
liberal arts education. I truly feel sorry for anyone who has missed out on
such an education.

While I agree that engineering schools could make a bigger effort to
humanize their throughput (I'd hardly call them students, as they
don't study anything, they just assimilate facts), I see no difference
between liberal arts courses at all but the best universities and
basket weaving courses at community colleges. People with brains who
aren't destined to be techies study philosophy and econonomics, or
their applied versions, politics, law, business, and medicine.

Tom Sherman will proceed in his life thinking he knows more and better than
anyone else,

But Tom does know better than 98 per cent of people, who don't know
**** and aren't the least interested or capable of enquiring. So will
you be, probably, when you grow up, dear Eddie.

never realizing that anyone can proceed like that provided the
blinders are never removed. I urge Tom Sherman to repair to the cafes on the
Champs-Elysees or to those on the Left Bank in Paris where he can discuss
intellectual matters with his superiors over glasses of aperitifs.

You're wanking again, Eddie. Shouldn't that make a good Catholic like
you feel terminally guilty?

And you're thicker than two short planks, dear Eddie, if you cannot
see that Tom is already sitting in a virtual Left Bank cafe (your
delusion that anything but trendiness is discussed on the Champs-
Elysees in Paris is amusing) by simply coming on the net and
discussing matters of high politics with all and sundry, including
you'n'me. (We'll leave it to everyone else to judge who makes the
greater contribution to The Education of The Engineers.)

That is
one sure way of learning your limitations even from so despicable a race as
the swinish French!

This from a guy who takes four tries to get the eyeholes in his white
hood lined up with his eyes!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Yeah, you always get at least one thing right: you're a sorry little
obsessed ****.

Andre Jute
The real thing -- (slogan I invented for the Wool Board, appropriated
by all and sundry)

Ed Dolan will miss your words if this is not posted to ARBR.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.

Old October 22nd 08, 07:15 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.racing
JimmyMac

Default The Tragedy of Tom Sherman

On Oct 19, 2:32*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

André Jute wrote:
On Oct 19, 5:05 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
I knew characters like Tom Sherman (he is a civil engineer) when I was
in
high school and college. They learn how to operate a tool, such as a
slide
rule, and they are forever ruined by it. Yea, a little knowledge is a
dangerous thing!

You're not very observant, are you, Eddie? Tom, unlike the majority of
engineers on the net, is unfailingly courteous.

Yes, that is his one saving grace, but it is not enough. His arrogance
overrides all of his other qualities. Arrogance is due to thinking you are
smarter than others. It is the besetting sin of all scientific and technical
types. Remember, even Einstein was a jerk when he got out of his field.

The most valuable lesson anyone can learn in life is just how stupid
they
are. I learned that with finality when I frequented the literary and
musical
salons of New York when I was in my 20's. It is a humbling experience,
but
the sooner you learn it, the better off you will be.

Huh? The literary and musical salons of NY are designed to keep out
people like you. Very few of real talent frequent them -- I used them
to pick up business for my ad agency. Those of real talent are away
brawling and wife-swapping, and sometimes even creating.

Those 'real talents' are just nothing but rascals. The one thing they are
good at is pulling the wool over fools like you. The only folks I admire are
dispassionate intellectuals who discuss things endlessly without ever coming
to any conclusions. This lets you out - obviously. Hells Bells, you probably
admire a braying asshole like Donald Trump!

Now we have jerks today who have been forever ruined by the computer,
just
another tool not much different from the slide rule. The best cure for
this
type of ignorance and stupidity is to confront the greatest minds of all
time in their own words in written texts (books).

Now, for once, Eddie, you have your hand on something that is more
than half right. But it is such an obvious truth, it hardly needs
stating.

Au contraire, young folks today have an incredible arrogance based on
nothing at all. Every generation has to be educated from scratch.

Once you have done this,
you are on your way to becoming wise. That is the one and only purpose
of a
liberal arts education. I truly feel sorry for anyone who has missed out
on
such an education.

While I agree that engineering schools could make a bigger effort to
humanize their throughput (I'd hardly call them students, as they
don't study anything, they just assimilate facts), I see no difference
between liberal arts courses at all but the best universities and
basket weaving courses at community colleges. People with brains who
aren't destined to be techies study philosophy and econonomics, or
their applied versions, politics, law, business, and medicine.

I am a strong advocate of the "Great Books" approach to education. Only a
very few colleges still have this kind of curriculum. Unfortunately, I went
to a large state university which had a smorgasbord approach. Still, I tried
to take as many liberal arts type of courses as I could find.

Tom Sherman will proceed in his life thinking he knows more and better
than
anyone else,

But Tom does know better than 98 per cent of people, who don't know
**** and aren't the least interested or capable of enquiring. So will
you be, probably, when you grow up, dear Eddie.

Tom Sherman has forever been a big frog in a small pond. You need to get to
a large pond to realize what a small frog you are.

never realizing that anyone can proceed like that provided the
blinders are never removed. I urge Tom Sherman to repair to the cafes on
the
Champs-Elysees or to those on the Left Bank in Paris where he can
discuss
intellectual matters with his superiors over glasses of aperitifs.

You're wanking again, Eddie. Shouldn't that make a good Catholic like
you feel terminally guilty?

And **** all the French ******s in the world like you! Too bad the Germans
didn't kill all of you in the past century when they had the chance. The
only good Frenchman is a dead Frenchman. You are all cowards and treasonous
to the core!

And you're thicker than two short planks, dear Eddie, if you cannot
see that Tom is already sitting in a virtual Left Bank cafe (your
delusion that anything but trendiness is discussed on the Champs-
Elysees in Paris is amusing) by simply coming on the net and
discussing matters of high politics with all and sundry, including
you'n'me. (We'll leave it to everyone else to judge who makes the
greater contribution to The Education of The Engineers.)

I included both the Right Bank and the Left Bank as only nerds think the
Left Bank has all the answers. By the way, I am not discussing politics
here, but rather the arrogance of engineers like Tom Sherman who think they
know more than they do.

That is
one sure way of learning your limitations even from so despicable a race
as
the swinish French!

This from a guy who takes four tries to get the eyeholes in his white
hood lined up with his eyes!

Jesus Christ - **** the God Damn French! How many times do I have to say it?

Andre Jute

Ed Dolan will miss your words if this is not posted to ARBR.

Andre Jute is a coward just like you are. He is afraid to take me on. Usenet
if full of nothing but cowards!

It is well known that the Great Ed Dolan does not bother with any other
newsgroups since they are all even stupider than ARBR if that is possible..

Au contraire. If that were really true then Headward the Grate would
not cross post now would he? The conundrum continues!

Old October 22nd 08, 08:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.racing
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Oct 19, 2:32 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
It is well known that the Great Ed Dolan does not bother with any other
newsgroups since they are all even stupider than ARBR if that is possible.

Au contraire. If that were really true then Headward the Grate would

not cross post now would he? The conundrum continues!

Others need to hear my words of wisdom. I do not need to hear theirs, but if
they want me to hear them so I can then proceed to tell them how stupid they
are, then they will have to post to ARBR. There is no other way.

Old October 24th 08, 01:15 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.racing
JimmyMac

On Oct 22, 2:47*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Oct 19, 2:32 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

It is well known that the Great Ed Dolan does not bother with any other
newsgroups since they are all even stupider than ARBR if that is possible.
Au contraire. *If that were really true then Headward the Grate would

not cross post now would he? *The conundrum continues!

Others need to hear my words of wisdom.

They do? What wisdom and why delude yourself into thinking that
anyone needs to hear anything from you? Have you not heard the many
protests that indicate otherwise?

I do not need to hear theirs,

AND ... they don't need to hear yours!

but it they want me to hear them so I can then proceed to tell them how stupid they
are, then they will have to post to ARBR. There is no other way.

Must everything be on you terms? How inflexible.

Old October 26th 08, 01:23 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Oct 24, 7:58*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Oct 22, 2:47 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Others need to hear my words of wisdom.
They do? *What wisdom and why delude yourself into thinking that

anyone needs to hear anything from you? *Have you not heard the many
protests that indicate otherwise?

The protests are all from idiots and scoundrels like you and various others.

No matter what spin you put on things, the numbers speak for
themselves.

No one with any culture will not but appreciate my incandescent wisdom.

Count me among the exceptions.

I am
a law onto Myself! Yea, we Great Ones exist beyond time and place and are
truly immortal. My words will be read and marveled at for thousands of years
from now when you are but a footnote on ARBR. Tom Sherman, ever a man of
footnotes, will also be merely a lost soul like you. But everyone will
wonder ... who was that man Ed Dolan the Great? Was He a man or a God!

What pscyho-babble. Delusion is opiate of the deranged.

[...]

Old October 26th 08, 01:42 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Oct 22, 2:47 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Others need to hear my words of wisdom.
They do? *What wisdom and why delude yourself into thinking that

anyone needs to hear anything from you? *Have you not heard the many
protests that indicate otherwise?

The protests are all from idiots and scoundrels like you and various others.

The numbers speak for themselves.

No one with any culture will not but appreciate my incandescent wisdom. I am
a law onto Myself! Yea, we Great Ones exist beyond time and place and are
truly immortal. My words will be read and marveled at for thousands of years
from now when you are but a footnote on ARBR. Tom Sherman, ever a man of
footnotes, will also be merely a lost soul like you. But everyone will
wonder ... who was that man Ed Dolan the Great? Was He a man or a God!

Delusion is the opiate of the deranged.

[...]

Old October 26th 08, 04:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Oct 24, 7:58 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
I am
a law onto Myself! Yea, we Great Ones exist beyond time and place and are
truly immortal. My words will be read and marveled at for thousands of
years
from now when you are but a footnote on ARBR. Tom Sherman, ever a man of
footnotes, will also be merely a lost soul like you. But everyone will
wonder ... who was Ed Dolan the Great? Was He a man or a God!

What pscyho-babble. Delusion is opiate of the deranged.

Tom Sherman does not resort to footnotes much anymore. In any event,
parenthesis is more than adequate for the idiots of Usenet.

Old October 26th 08, 03:58 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Oct 22, 2:47 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Others need to hear my words of wisdom.
They do? *What wisdom and why delude yourself into thinking that

anyone needs to hear anything from you? *Have you not heard the many
protests that indicate otherwise?

The protests are all from idiots and scoundrels like you and various others.

You are quick to dismiss the both the number of members and number of
protest. How convenient of you to ignore the masses and thier
message ...labellin your many adversaries in a fruitless attempt to
undermine the credibility of the credible.

No one with any culture will not but appreciate my incandescent wisdom. I am
a law onto Myself! Yea, we Great Ones exist beyond time and place and are
truly immortal. My words will be read and marveled at for thousands of years
from now when you are but a footnote on ARBR. Tom Sherman, ever a man of
footnotes, will also be merely a lost soul like you. But everyone will
wonder ... who was that man Ed Dolan the Great? Was He a man or a God!
[...]

Delusion is the opiate of the deranged!!!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

The triumph of Tom Sherman Andre Jute[_2_] Social Issues 15 October 26th 08 03:58 PM
The triumph of Tom Sherman Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 8 October 21st 08 12:01 PM
The triumph of Tom Sherman Andre Jute[_2_] Australia 8 October 21st 08 12:01 PM
Triumph crank. Marty Wallace Australia 0 January 11th 05 02:13 AM
Another triumph for the Ale-Jet Davide Tosi Racing 17 September 20th 04 04:45 AM