Flame On!

Old August 9th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Brian

Default Flame On!

Floyd Landis...

Geez...A male athlete testing positive for TESTOSTERONE...who'da thunk it?

It's like a female athlete getting busted for "excessive levels" of
Estrogen.

B.
Old August 9th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom The Great

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 22:31:07 -0700, "Brian"
wrote:

Floyd Landis...

Geez...A male athlete testing positive for TESTOSTERONE...who'da thunk it?

It's like a female athlete getting busted for "excessive levels" of
Estrogen.

B.

The way the news has been writing it, any levels of T is wrong.

It seems that Landis problem, he's pitching that he has a low
epitestorone, which gave the unusual ratio.

tom
Old August 10th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Fritz M

Tom The Great wrote:

The way the news has been writing it, any levels of T is wrong.

Well, any level of manufactured T.

RFM

Old August 11th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom The Great

On 10 Aug 2006 15:22:53 -0700, "Fritz M" wrote:

Tom The Great wrote:

The way the news has been writing it, any levels of T is wrong.

Well, any level of manufactured T.

RFM

He is standing on that he has 'proof' the test (manmade-T) was flawed,
and the intential results leak was to trial him in the media, not a
scientific court.

Just repeating what I heard him say on TV.

later,

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Old August 21st 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chris Z The Wheelman

The way I understand it, testosterone is like a steroid, in that it does
not give immediate results, but causes the body to increase muscle mass
over time. IOW, it would take a few days or even weeks to see any
results.

The accusations, as I under stand the sit. resulted from his remarkable
comeback near the end of the tour. Since the leader is tested at the end
of every stage he is leader, and this was hardly the first day he was in
yellow, if he was using this drug, it would have had to have been for a
signifigant part of the Tour, if not all of it.

So why didn't any of the other tests come out positiive?

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

To E-mail me:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

Old August 23rd 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
NYC XYZ

Maybe the fact, which you note, that it "does not give immediate
results, but...would take a few days" also means it is not detectable
for a few days??

If he is innocent, I really really really really hope he gets
exonerated soon somehow.

Another reason why touring is much more fun than racing!

flame me abrown360 General 6 June 24th 05 10:55 PM
Stop the flame Robibnikoff General 2 March 6th 05 09:09 PM
stop the flame, NOW Ben Kaufman General 4 March 2nd 05 08:26 PM
My Muni and Bedford flame stickers! joe Unicycling 12 December 7th 03 02:34 PM
A flame! Just zis Guy, you know? UK 6 November 6th 03 02:33 PM