curious about 700cc, 28", 29" diff?

Old August 25th 03, 03:08 PM
Sofa

Default curious about 700cc, 28", 29" diff?

Hello, I just picked up a 700cc Alex wheel for a guy in my club. I'm
wondering about the 28 or 29 inch difference.

This is what I am thinking, please correct me if I'm wrong.

You take your 700cc rim.

You can put a tire like the 700cc Kenda Kwest on it, but you can also
put a 29" Nanoraptor on it? Or are there different sizes of rims?

Thanks

--
Sofa - My Custom Beard

Remeber this code anybody? :
D,U,L,L,A,R,D

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old August 25th 03, 07:28 PM
m_extreme_uni

my understanding is that 700c tires are also designated as 28". Or at
least that is what it says on the side of my road "kenda Kwest" tire.

It says "700c X 35c - 28 X 1 5/8 X 1 3/8"

This lead me to believe that i could call my tire a 28", and equally a
700c.

Am i wrong assuming this?

-Ryan

--
m_extreme_uni

I must only use these powers to annoy!!!
m_extreme_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/809

Old August 25th 03, 09:26 PM
Sofa

thanks everybody. I guess I have the same question as everyone
else...why didn't he just get a Coker?

--
Sofa - My Custom Beard

'London Unicycling Club' (http://londonunicyclingclub.ca)
Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old August 26th 03, 02:43 PM
brian.slater

Take a look at this link: 'Tires Sizes' (http://tinyurl.com/l83j)

It's a lot of information about tire sizes, including how to figure if a
tire will be compatible with a rim. ISO seems to be the best reference
for tire sizes, no differences depending on where you are or what
manufacturer.
I don't remember exactly where I got it from, possibly Sheldon Brown's
web site.

--
brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902