WTB: Road Frame that Fits

Old April 20th 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

Default WTB: Road Frame that Fits

On Apr 19, 11:04 am, sergio wrote:
On Apr 14, 8:37 pm, "JJ" wrote:

Looking for a road frameset for someone with long legs and a short torso.
I'm 5' 9" tall, with a 31" inseam, and have yet to find a production frame
that fits (without resorting to ridiculously short stems). The closest
thing I ever had to a "perfect" fit was an old Puch Pacifica, which had a
57cm seat tube and a 53cm top tube.

Check outwww.vetta.ita small manufacturer in Padua, whom I know very
well.
A couple of years ago they offered a friend of mine to make a SLX
custom frameset for around 500 euros.
Check it out and, if you want, let me know: I often pass by Antonio
Taverna's workshop.

Sergio
Pisa

How would they feel about aking a few frames to our spec, not painted
and then sending them to us? To make them 'Vecchio's? Both lugged and
tig welded, steel, of course. What kind of lead time to order a frame?

Old April 20th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
sergio

On 20 Apr, 14:36, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
How would they feel about aking a few frames to our spec, not painted
and then sending them to us? To make them 'Vecchio's? Both lugged and
tig welded, steel, of course. What kind of lead time to order a frame?

By chance, just by chance, I have to talk to them tomorrow morning
(yes, they do work
on saturdays).
Write to me in private and specify exactly what you would need: as for
tubing and lugs.
And how many?

I'll be happy to be the middle man.

Sergio
Pisa

Old April 20th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Wayne[_3_]

On Apr 19, 9:27 pm, still me wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:24:17 GMT, "Mike Lackey"

wrote:

Off-topic for this group, but... when I purchased a Waterford frameset
several years ago, it came with threadless fork, but the fork was uncut. I
did not cut the fork, I just stacked up a bunch of spacers and used a stem
with some rise. This brought the bars 1-2" below the saddle.

Mike

Another inch or two and you might have had it up where it belongs!

(donning nomax suit :-)

Custom Gunnar is a great way to go. About a year ago I order a custom
Gunnar Rodie frame. I an 5'8" with 32+ inseam and wanted an
effective 54cm top tube with a 73 degree seat tube angle. I chose a
16.5 cm head tube which gives with 1" of spacers and a level (73
degree) stem. That leaves the bars 2" below my seat height. With
commonly available stems I can have my bars from 2" below saddle
(where it is now) to well above the saddle.

I have ridden standard sizes and they are ok if you don't mind really
short stems or a lot of spacers under the stem. Short stems effect
the bikes balance and too many spacers can be a safety issue depending
on the fork.

Wayne

Old April 20th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 20 Apr 2007 11:00:46 -0700, Wayne wrote:

Custom Gunnar is a great way to go. About a year ago I order a custom
Gunnar Rodie frame. I an 5'8" with 32+ inseam and wanted an
effective 54cm top tube with a 73 degree seat tube angle. I chose a
16.5 cm head tube which gives with 1" of spacers and a level (73
degree) stem. That leaves the bars 2" below my seat height. With
commonly available stems I can have my bars from 2" below saddle
(where it is now) to well above the saddle.

Do you change the height of your bars often?

--
JT