The Kloden case...Bruynel preparing something ?...

Old January 7th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default The Kloden case...Bruynel preparing something ?...

On Jan 6, 5:52 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
wrote in message

Hiring Kloden was a mistake for Astana. Astana and Bruyneel and can
ill afford another incident.

What if Kloden is another Charly Mottet who Willy Voet swore wouldn't touch
drugs?

That's always a distinct possibility, but like I said that was a
different time when drugs was not such a big issue. Today doping is a
major item in the news and sponsors are very sensitive to this.
Old January 7th 08, 02:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

wrote:
Today doping is a
major item in the news and sponsors are very sensitive to this.

Michael Ball isn't.

Bob Schwartz

Old January 7th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jan 7, 6:05 am, Bob Schwartz
Today doping is a
major item in the news and sponsors are very sensitive to this.

Michael Ball isn't.

Bob Schwartz

Ball's sponsorship is rather unique since he is sponsoring a team
himself. But Ball will be excluded from euro continental both by UCI
and by the grand tour organizers. So Ball's team be primarilly a US
team. But Astana is a entirely different situation since they cater to
a much wider audience. There have been a number of major corporations
that have withdrawn from cycling such as Coca Cola and more recently T-
mobile. But there is always a good possibility that Ball will end his
sponsorship if actions of team reflect badly on his company and or if
sales drop as a result.

http://boulderreport.bicycling.com/
"Rock isn't eligible for wild-card invitations to some European
events.

"According to UCI rules, a Continental team may not race any event
rated higher than 1.1 (one-day races, for example Kuurne-Brussels-
Kuurne or Cholet Pays de Loire) or 2.1 (Tour of Murcia, or Vuelta
Castilla y Leon). Races that Ball is said to be interested in, like
the Giro d'Italia or Milan-San Remo, were ProTour events in 2007, the
highest possible designation.

Even if the 2008 season sees those events proceed outside the ProTour
calendar, as is currently forecast, they will almost assuredly get a
UCI ranking of 2.HC and 1.HC, meaning they're still off-limits to
Continental teams. To gain a wildcard entry, Rock would have to be a
UCI Professional Continental team, a tier above its present
designation.

When asked about the discrepancy, Ball replied, "I'm pretty sure we're
Pro Continental. Yeah, I know we are. If not, we'll definitely lobby
to make sure that's corrected and that we have the opportunity to go
into some different major league races other than the Tour of
California and Tour de Georgia.""
Old January 7th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

wrote in message

[...]

Psst - the three major European tours have reserved the right to bring in
anyone they want.

Here's a real clue - Ball knows what a lot of top notch businessmen know -
there's no such thing as bad publicity when you're trying to get your
company name known.

Old January 7th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jan 7, 5:39 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Here's a real clue - Ball knows what a lot of top notch businessmen know -
there's no such thing as bad publicity when you're trying to get your
company name known.

dumbass,

ball does have cash, but he is 10 ways crazy and is level jumping. he
wants to go from a low-level NRC team to riding milan-san remo and the
giro without doing the work in between.

i don't think he gives a rats about bad publicity from his cycling
team, this is a guy who brags about doing jail time and faces multiple
lawsuits for assaults and something called "sextortion" and it doesn't
hurt the sales of his $300 diesel jeans.

he doesn't know enough about cycling, but he is a committee of one
without a plan (no one on the team seems to know what is going on) and
doesn't have anyone that would even know how to work the radio in the
team car or how to book a room in Affligem.

cycling involves a lot of failures and very little glamour and
success. he doesn't sound like a guy that gives a **** about
housatonic or the milk ras.

how is he going to react when his entire team is 20 minutes back after
the second stage of cali ?

Old January 7th 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 14:05:51 GMT, Bob Schwartz

Today doping is a
major item in the news and sponsors are very sensitive to this.

Michael Ball isn't.

I heard he's "into it."

Kloden Andre Racing 5 August 6th 07 09:05 AM
What airline bike case to buy? (Trico Iron Case or XPORT Cargo Case?) Robert Hayden General 2 July 14th 06 04:26 PM
Kloden ? Keith Racing 3 July 16th 05 07:59 PM
Kloden Chris M Racing 10 June 7th 05 07:20 AM
S&S travel bike-their hard case or the soft case? eflayer2 Techniques 11 February 12th 05 12:07 AM