Am I the only one?

Old March 1st 05, 02:07 AM
Matt O'Toole

Default Am I the only one?

Velo Psycho wrote:

Am I the only one who is getting a little bit sick of all the FA
postings? We all know how to use Ebay's search function. When it's
one guy posting one thing... it's not so bad. But do you have to post
20 items in a row? How about combining them all in one post?

I have no problem with FA posts, either single item or multiple. What puts me
off is when I have to click on a link and wait, just to find out what the damned
thing is. If people want to take advantage of this free public forum for their
FA posts, they owe us a complete description so we can see whether it's worth
clicking on the link or not.

Matt O.

Old March 1st 05, 02:09 AM
Matt O'Toole

Tim McNamara wrote:

eBay has gotten increasingly rude- sellers rarely even acknowledge the
auction, they just wait for their Paypal account to get the money and
then they ship the item.

That's because they're such tycoons they're just too busy. :-)

Matt O.

Old March 1st 05, 03:07 AM
Tom Kunich

"Velo Psycho" wrote in message
oups.com...

I wrote

I pledge here and now that I will never bid on anything that I
see here in an FA post.

To which Guy F. Anderson Sr. wrote:

Maybe an amendment to the ng's charter (?) prohibiting said FA posts
would be in order......

To which I reply: I'm a big fan of more speech to combat bad speech -
not censoring speech. So... I'd rather say that anyone who feels the
same way should post here that they will boycott any multiple FA
poster.

I've been doing that for years.

Old March 1st 05, 02:49 PM
RonSonic

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:07:34 -0500, "Matt O'Toole" wrote:

Velo Psycho wrote:

Am I the only one who is getting a little bit sick of all the FA
postings? We all know how to use Ebay's search function. When it's
one guy posting one thing... it's not so bad. But do you have to post
20 items in a row? How about combining them all in one post?

I have no problem with FA posts, either single item or multiple. What puts me
off is when I have to click on a link and wait, just to find out what the damned
thing is. If people want to take advantage of this free public forum for their
FA posts, they owe us a complete description so we can see whether it's worth
clicking on the link or not.

I'm with you on that. Unless the post has enough information I won't bother
looking at the thing.

"FA: Great Bike Cheap on eBay. Search for my user name skrut8P411 to see it."

Is probably the least effective and most annoying type of ad possible and we
keep seeing 'em. Not nearly enough info on the product and no way in hell I'm
searching anything to find this dimbulbs goods. And the morons actually post
like that. I can't believe anybody thinks that's gonna work.

If you don't list the particulars, tough twinks, I'll never see them. Gimme the
make, model, size, color, right or left handedness and the URL or at least, a
link to all the seller's items. When I've listed stuff in a newsgroup I just
paste the text of the eBay listing into the post. It ain't that hard to do.

Or, the breathless little announcements "Only 14 minutes left on this
collectible Pacific bike company Scooby Doo bike horn." Please, if you're gonna
run around in little circles flapping your hands as the auction closes try to
keep it to yourself and maintain some dignity. The posting usually won't
propagate throughout the group before it's over anyway. All that's left is your
panic trapped in amber and preserved by Google.

Ron

Old March 1st 05, 06:03 PM
dfcas

I really don't like people pimping ebay stuff here and i would like to
filter out FA listings..I can't figure out how to kill those
listings.I read this group thru Google and don't see those options.Can
someone dumb it down for me?

dan