EBay Fraud? You Be The Judge

Old May 3rd 05, 08:04 PM
David White

Default EBay Fraud? You Be The Judge

Look at
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=7151746 645)
and then look at this
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=71540705 04)
which was placed today. Same photos, same bike. Newer listing's seller has a
new id, no feedback, keeps all private, starts the auction for a rediculous
price, and ends the auction very quickly. Also has several other auctions of
similar character going. You be the judge. Have already reported the hijacked
Kestrel to EBay. Hopefully they will react.

Old May 3rd 05, 08:40 PM
David Kerber

In article ,
says...
Look at
(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=7151746 645)
and then look at this
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=71540705 04)
which was placed today. Same photos, same bike. Newer listing's seller has a
new id, no feedback, keeps all private, starts the auction for a rediculous
price, and ends the auction very quickly. Also has several other auctions of
similar character going. You be the judge. Have already reported the hijacked
Kestrel to EBay. Hopefully they will react.

It's already gone (15:40 US eastern time).

newsgroups if possible).
Old May 3rd 05, 10:14 PM
witty

the real offensive part is that the crook "seller" thought anyone would be
willing to pay $2100 for a 20 year old Kestrel.

"Chris Phillipo" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...
Subject: EBay Fraud? You Be The Judge
From: David White
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.marketplace

Look at

(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...em=7151746 64

)
which was placed today. Same photos, same bike. Newer listing's seller

has a
new id, no feedback, keeps all private, starts the auction for a

rediculous
price, and ends the auction very quickly. Also has several other

auctions of
similar character going. You be the judge. Have already reported the

hijacked
Kestrel to EBay. Hopefully they will react.

I heard there's a time travelers convention at MIT.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

Old May 4th 05, 05:06 PM
David White

And they are back again! See:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42314&item=7154340 462&rd=1

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42314&item=7154340 433&rd=1

Old May 4th 05, 10:10 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article ,
says...

And they are back again! See:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=7154340 462&
rd=1

I just checked and it was gone.
------------
Alex

Old May 5th 05, 04:37 AM

I see road bike scams all the time on Ebay. I report every one of them
and Ebay investigates and removes them pretty quick. I think we have a
pretty tight group of cyclists looking out for one another over on
Ebay.

Alex, we know each other from rec.audio.marketplace.

Ken Drescher

Old May 5th 05, 06:01 PM
jeff colon but damifino

Bikes aren't the only scammed crud on ebay. unfortunately a few bad
apples....... You oughta see the crap in the Musical instruments and
amps listings......fake Plexi's selling for thousands...if it's too
good it probably is a duck!